Thursday, June 01, 2017

What I Watched: May 2017 ♥

Hello lovelies! June 1st, where the heck as this year gone?? I'm sure I say that every time I write one of these posts, but I swear I blinked and we ended up half way through the year. It's insane! 
★ This month's 'What I Watched' isn't actually as dismal as I thought it would be. I managed to fit in a good mish mash of seven movies. SEVEN. That's like a record for me lately. So without further ado, here's what I watched in May 2017....


❋ CHAPPIE.
In the near future, crime is patrolled by a mechanized police force. When one police droid, Chappie, is stolen and given new programming, he becomes the first robot with the ability to think and feel for himself.

Alex, his dad, his brother and I all ended up watching this random movie at the beginning of the month. I went into it not knowing what it was about or who was in it. When it started I thought that I would hate it as I'm not the biggest robot fan (Transformers not included) but at the end I was so glad we ended up watching it because it is a really good movie. 5/10 ★

❋ NAKED GUN SERIES.
This series follows to life of an incompetent police detective called Frank Drebin as he goes about his job foiling the work of criminals with a tongue in cheek style. Think Johnny English meets Police Academy.

Alex introduced me to this series a few years ago and we recently discovered the television series from which these movies were spawned, Police Squad! and so we spent a few nights watching out way through the three movies. This kinda humour isn't something that I tend to enjoy, but there's some jokes in there that will make even the most humourless person chuckle. 7/10 ★

❋ GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. VOL 2.
The Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill's true parentage.

I'm not the biggest Marvel fan, having only seen Thor, but I fell in love with the first movie when I saw it and knew that I had to see the second installment. I took Alex to see this at the cinema for his birthday and we both loved it. It was just as action packed as the first and baby Groot is too damn cute to ignore. 9/10 ★

❋ HARRY POTTER & THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE.
WE ALL KNOW WHAT HARRY POTTER IS. IF YOU DON'T, WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS.

I've loved Harry Potter since I was a kid and I will forever hold a place for it in my heart. These movies kept my family and I entertained for years and no matter what I'll always come back to Hogwarts. No matter what age I get to. 9/10 ★

❋ BEAUTY & THE BEAST.
An adaptation of the fairy tale about a monstrous-looking prince and a young woman who fall in love.

I wasn't too fussed about seeing this as I haven't really ever gotten into old Disney movies, so I wasn't even sure what it was about *don't hate me* but it has Emma in it, so I decided to go see it purely for that and I'm glad that I did. Emma's voice is kinda pretty and the story was easy enough to follow. I wouldn't say it was my cup of tea, but it's worth the watch. EMMA WILL ALWAYS BE HERMIONE TO ME....6/10 ★

What have you been watching this month?
Any recommendations?
Laura x

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...