Tuesday, May 16, 2017

What I Watched: April 2017 ♥

Hello lovelies! This months movie list is so small I had to stop for a minute and try to think about whether I'd forgotten any others I'd watched. Usually I write them down in a book, but this month I only had five wrote down....that is just dismal for me as I'm usually a movie junkie, but this month was not a movie month for me. Anyhoo, here's the ones that I did manage to watch in April....


✿ First up on the list is Bubble Boy. This movie follows the life of Jake Gyllenhaal's character, Jimmy, as he grows up living inside a big, plastic bubble. He's been stuck inside this bubble, a real one just so you know, as he was born with an immune disorder. His parents believed putting inside this prison would keep him alive and 'pure'. He ends up escaping the only four walls he's seen and following the girl of his dreams all the way to Niagara Falls, where she is due to be married.

I first saw this movie when I was younger and found it hilarious. It may not be to some folks taste, but it's something that I can't help but chuckle at when I watch it. I made Alex watch it with me this time and he says that he hated it, but he can't stop singing 'bright & shiny!'. ✯ 6/10 ✯


✿ A few weeks ago whilst browsing for a movie to watch (and arguing about it for half hour), Alex and I finally decided on this odd one that we knew nothing about: Dale & Tucker VS. Evil. This movies follows best friends, Dale & Tucker, who are hillbillies headed to their new 'vacation' home in the woods. Whilst there they meet a group of college kids who one-by-one end up dying. This isn't your typical killer in the woods movies, it's a lot like Final Destination, but funny!

Alex and I ended up nearly pissing ourselves at this movie and we ended up watching it again a few days later. I heard rumours there's another one being made, so I can't wait to see it. ✯ 8/10 ✯

✿ This next movie was a nostalgic choice for me. I wanted to watch something that made me happy when I was younger, so I picked The Challenge starring the Olsen twins. This movie follows estranged twins, Lizzie and Shane, as they both unknowingly become contestants on a TV show where the producers hope that their rivalry will help to boost its ratings.

I've loved the Olsen Twins since I was little and own all their films on dvd, so whilst having a 'moment' and feeling a bit down on myself I decided to pop a film on that I loved as a kid and The Challenge was the one I picked. It's still one of my faves! ✯ 7/10 ✯

✿ Next up, in preparation for the Vol 2, we decided to refresh our memories and watch Guardians of the Galaxy. This movie follows Peter Quill as he teams up with fellow intergalactic criminals to take on the 'big bad' that is threatening their planet.

I think most people have seen this movie, if you haven't I definitely recommend it, it's not your typical superhero movie in my opinion. I mean, yes, it's a part of the Marvel franchise, but I think it's hilarious, the characters are so likeable and the soundtrack is amazing. I've seen a few Marvel movies and I've not liked any like I like this one. ✯ 8/10 ✯

✿ Last on my oh-so-long list is the amazing, The Imitation Game. Starring Mr Benedict Cumberbatch as the genius that was, Alan Turing, this movie follows him as he attempts to break the Enigma Code that was used by the Nazis during World War II. It shows Alan's life during his time at Bletchley Park, his immense emotion when he finally broke the code and what happened to him once the war was over.

Alex & I watched this together, I knew nothing about Alan Turing, but after watching it we both looked at each other and were crying. It is such an amazing movie and so heartbreaking, Benedict deserved all of the awards for this film because his acting was spectacular. ✯ 10/10 ✯

Even though my list was a bit small this month I think my choices were pretty good ones, ha! We're mid-way into May and my list is still on the small side, so any recommendations you have, just leave a comment and let me know. I love me some new movies!
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...