Saturday, March 18, 2017

✪ Glossybox March Edition - Review.

It's that time of the month again where the subscription box that is Glossybox makes it's way onto my little blog. If you've been reading my blog lately you'll have seen that I've quickly been falling out of love with Glossybox and so this month's box is my last for the time being. I joined Glossybox to get the chance to test out new makeup brands, mostly, but for the past few months I've just ended up with a drawer full of face creams which I probably won't use *sigh* So the time has come for me & Glossy to part ways. We're on good terms but I doubt we'll stay in touch for a while.

But here's what I got in my box for March:



This Works In Transit Camera Close Up Primer (Sample size)
I hadn't heard of This Works until I received their sleep spray in November's box but I am really starting to like their brand a lot. This month's product of theirs is this lovely little primer. I am a little lazy when it comes to prepping my face before makeup, but this primer says that it will 'balance, plump and brighten' my skin leaving it 'photo-ready'.  Mmmm, I don't know how true that might be since I find it depends on the foundation, but I look forward to testing this out and popping a review up soon!

Fig & Rouge Hydra-Activ Smart Nutrient Vital Moisture Day Cream (Sample size).
Even though I've complained about the lack of makeup and overload of face products lately, I have to say, I can't wait to try this moisturiser out. It contains Vitamins A, C & E aswell as the ever popular ingredient, hyaluronic acid, which combined promises to leave your skin feeling super hydrated all day. My skin has been rough the past few weeks, so I will use this and report back!

Ooulation Eye Love (Full size).
I'm not a huge lover of eye creams, well not the ones I have used, but this one DOES sound quite nice. It is a 100% natural formula which contains rich antioxidants that 'help to diminish dark circles and reduce puffiness' within the eye contour section. Considering I have pretty bad dark circles, I'm intrigued to see how well this does.

Crabtree & Evelyn Somerset Meadow Hand Therapy (Full size).
I'm going to be a nit picker again and complain that I am not a big hand cream fan. I just don't see the point of them as I usually just use my body moisturiser on my hands too. 
This one has a lovely floral/fruity scent which is a perfect companion to the coming Spring months. It contains Shea Butter, which is one of my favourite smells, and Macadamia Nut Oil which combine to give you lovely soft hands. I'll probably gift this to someone, but I'll try to get feedback on it.


Sleek Makeup Eye & Cheek Palette (Full size).
This is by far my favourite product in A LONG TIME. I don't own anything from the Sleek brand, so I'm super duper happy to add this to my collection. This contains lovely warm toned shades, four eyeshadows and two cheek shades, but from the colours you could use those on the eyes too, if you're into those colours. This is a really lovely palette and I can't wait to test it out and get some new colours into my routine.

I didn't bother to photograph the box as we all know what the signature pink box looks like, don't we? 

All in all this box wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It contained a couple of full sized products which is well worth the £13.95 in total. My favourite is the Sleek palette and the primer for sure. Even though this is one of the better boxes, it's not steered me back into the subscription line, but I definitely think I will get some use out of these products.

What do you think to the latest Glossybox?
Laura x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x