Tuesday, 20 December 2016

✫ A Christmas Meal Out FOTD.

Is everyone ready for Christmas yet?? I know I'm not, but heyho, it's always fun to panic, ha! This past Friday I got to have a fun night out with my boyfriend and nine of his family members as we all went out for a lovely three course meal at Birchwood Farm in Castleford. My BF, his dad and I attend their pub quiz every Monday and a couple of months back we managed to spin the star prize on the wheel which happened to be a three course Christmas dinner for 10 people. At £14.95pp, so I'd definitely say we scored a fab prize! So obviously I had to make an effort for the night out, didn't I? Hence me making a sneaky post about my makeup, ha!

*my lips are so dry, bleh.

I wasn't too sure whether to go overboard with the eye makeup or keep it simple, after settling on a red dress to wear I decided to keep it simple as I didn't want to be all up in your face, ha! So I went with a sparkly/smokey eye, a dark winged liner and a bold lip, which didn't look too bad if I do say so myself.


Please excuse my face on this picture. At this point I'd tried at least ten times to get the sparkle on my eyelids to show on the camera and so I wasn't really in the smiley mood, ha! You know what I mean though....we've all been there. Winter lighting is a bitch. Plus I have overly hooded eyes so getting any shadows to show up can be a pain in the arse!


These are the products that I used to create this look. Some of my products are looking a little bit worse for wear, but they're still kicking, ha! I'm just too tight to invest in new things at the moment, I mean, Christmas isn't a time I think I can spare change on myself *sad face* The products that I used:

  1. TECHNIC Primer Spray.
  2. AVON Ideal Flawless Illuminating Foundation in Ivory.
  3. MAKEUP REVOLUTION Ultra Bronze (as a contour powder).
  4. TECHNIC Sultry Eyeshadows Palette.
  5. COLLECTION Super Size Mascara.
  6. iMAGIC PROfessional Lip Colour in a Autumnal brown or 04.
  7. GEORGE Felt Tip Eyeliner in Black.
  8. PARIS Blusher (I use this as a highlighter as it's a shimmery white shade...yet is called blush).
  9. MAKEUP GALLERY All About The Brow Kit.
  10. RIMMEL Stay Matte Finishing Powder.

For such a simple look it's ridiculous how many products I used, but hey-ho, it worked out well. 
What are your plans for Christmas makeup? Leave me a link to any of your posts!
Laura x 

For anyone interested in what I had for my FREE three course meal:

For starters: Lovely battered chicken strips with a rather shitty salad and a bbq/fruit dip.
For main: Turkey & Pork with all the trimmings (no pigs in blankets though!)
For dessert: A MASSSIVVVE piece of Ferrero Rocher cake (which I could not finish!)

It was a really lovely meal with lovely people and something that I really needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment & let me know what you thought of the post *insert cheesy grin* x