Friday, November 11, 2016

Avon's Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Foundation in Ivory REVIEW.

Hello lovelies! As a pale girl I always find buying a new foundation difficult. Whenever I choose the lightest shade in a collection it can be either too yellow toned or too pink toned, so finding the perfect match can be a pain in the butt. I've been running empty on my fave foundation, so I had a lickle rummage through my makeup drawer and came across a foundation that I'd not used in a long time and I decided to drag it out and give it another test drive.


Avon's Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Foundation was one of Avon's best selling foundations (I can't seem to locate it on their website anymore). It promises to give you perfect coverage whilst being sheer enough to not give away that you're wearing any foundation at all. 

This foundation has quite a thick formula to it which I found made it a little bit hard to blend out but when it was sheered out enough it gave my skin a really lovely natural glow. It gives you sort of a matte/dewy finish, if that makes sense. You don't have to powder on top of it, but if you prefer to it wouldn't ruin the look of the foundation. If you look closely at the foundation whilst it's in the bottle you'll see that it has a slight shimmer to it, which some might find scary, but rest assured you're not going to look like a fairy, it just makes your skin seem like it's slightly highlighted, but it's not too over the top so it looks fine. 

The coverage on this is pretty good for an Avon foundation, it promises full coverage, but I wasn't really expecting it to actually work. My skin lately has decided to break out quite a bit, so wearing this has really pumped up my confidence this week because it hides the crap outta them. So top marks for coverage there. 

The Ideal Flawless foundation also contains SPF 15, so even when you forget to moisturise like I do, your skin will be safe when out and about. A downside to it though is that for some reason it contains some form of alcohol in its formulation, which I've read can cause skin irritation if you have sensitive skin, so beware if you do decide to try this out. It's been fine on my skin so far, no issues with irritation or dryness, so it may differ from person to person, but be weary if your skin is super sensitive.






Now....for the colour. As I mentioned above I usually go for the palest shade in a foundation set and this one was no different. Out of the ten shades available I picked out the shade Ivory, which I was already weary about because Ivorys always tend to be too yellow toned for my skin (even though I have a yellow undertone) and this one did as I thought. It was just slightly too dark for my skin tone, BUT it blended out really well and was only obvious on the neckline, but I just popped a scarve on when I went out (tip for you!) So be weary of the shade too because this one isn't the best for paler skin tones.

Good points - full coverage, blends out nicely, gives a good finish and contains SPF 15. Bad points - contains irritating alcohol and is a tad too dark.

All in all, I am really impressed with this foundation. I'm not sure if it's still available to buy on the Avon website as I can seem to locate it on there, but it's available on Amazon here for £9.97.

Have you tried this foundation? Or any of the others from Avon?
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...