Thursday, 29 September 2016

Glossybox September 2016 Red Edition: 1st Impressions.

Hello lovelies! September is nearly over and I hadn't even realised that I'd not posted about this month's Glossybox *facepalms* I guess I was too excited about using the products that I forgot, ha! If you saw last month's post about the Glossybox five year birthday you'll know I didn't think much to it, but I think Team Glossy really made up for it with this one!


This month was the Red edition of the box and it came in this lovely vibrant red box, which I love, definitely makes a change from the pink boxes that usually pop through my letterbox (not really, but it sounded better then 'the postwoman hands me it cos my postbox is too small).


When I opened the box the excitement hit me straight away after seeing brands that I know and was familiar with. First up I noticed the Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy 'Diamond' Top Coat. I've never tried out gel nail polish and I'm not even sure what the Diamond part of the name actually means, but I've tried this top coat and it is amazing! It leaves my nails feeling really smooth and shiny and the polish (from the quid shop) lasts for ages. £7.99.

Next was the Too Faced Better Than Sex waterproof mascara. Knowing that the Too Faced brand is a little pricey this made me super-excited. I've heard so many things about this mascara that I couldn't wait to try it....thoughts will be put up in a post as I don't want to spoil anything! £19.


I also received the Rodial Smokey Eye Pen(cil). This too is a brand that I find to be a little overly expensive, so getting one of their products in my box is always a nice treat. I've added this liner to my makeup bag because I absolutely adore it. It's really creamy and blendable, it's definitely my favourite product from Glossybox. £17.

Next was a full size GOSH Long Lasting Lip Marker in the shade Soft Rose. I've never tried anything from the Gosh brand, so this was another favourite from the box. It looks just like a big marker pen but it reveals a really lovely pink stain on the lips which looks gorgeous! It doesn't feel sticky, it doesn't rub off easy and it can easily be paired with a clear lip gloss. £8.50.


Next were two face products. One was the Vitamasques Hydro Face Mask, I've never heard of this brand or tried a sheet mask like this, so I'm excited to try this one out. The idea of 120 hours of hydration on the skins sounds amazing especially with the colder months drawing in. £7.99.

The other product was a sample of The Body Shops Himalayan Purifying Glow Mask. Again, I've not tried any skincare products from TBS (God, I sound so boring, ha!), so I'm looking forward to seeing what this little beaut can do.

So all in all, I think this was much better than last month's box, the products were better, the range was better and I'm really happy with everything I got. 

What did you think of September's Glossybox?
Laura x

2 comments:

  1. I've always been too nervous to try it because of how hit or miss it is, but it looks like you really lucked out this time!
    ❤️ Rosalie
    legander.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like that too. It is definitely hit and miss. It's just the chance you to take, really. If the products are good and make up for the £13.95 you pay then I'm deffo happy :)

      Laura x

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment & let me know what you thought of the post *insert cheesy grin* x