Monday, August 08, 2016

Home-Made Rice Crispy Chicken Nuggets.

Hello lovelies! Welcome to the very first food post on Pale Girl Reviews. As I'm not a creative cook I don't find the point of posting about anything on my blog that's food related but I have recently been trying to eat a little healthier and, like all Slimming World followers, I've been looking online for recipe inspiration and came across a rather odd recipe...


Chicken is my favourite food because you can do all kinds of meals with it and it doesn't get boring. When I decided to try and follow Slimming World from home I was on the lookout for alternate healthier ways to still eat the food I love and found this Rice Crispy (yes, rice crispy) Chicken Nugget recipe. It's extremely simple to do and according to the recipe it's low syns, so a perfect way to still eat them nuggets!


What you will need - (serves two)
- two chicken breasts
- rice crispies (I used two small variety boxes)
- an egg
- fry light spray
- salt, pepper & paprika

To prep, cut up the chicken into nuggets (duh!), mix the egg in a bowl, smash up the rice crispies (I used a zip lock bag and a rolling pin) and add fry light to a non-stick oven tray. Then we're done.

Now take the chicken and place in into the egg, making sure it's totally covered and then dip it into the bashed up rice crispies, making sure the chicken is coated and place onto the baking tray. Obviously repeat until all the chicken is covered and coated in crispies, then spray with the fry light and sprinkle over salt and pepper...I also used a little pinch of paprika for a bit of a kick. This is optional.

Place them in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes on Gas Mark 4/180c and bake until they are golden brown. Serve with (non-burnt) sweet potato fries and you're good to go!



And there you have it. Simple, quick, tasty and Slimming World friendly!

Have you tried this recipe before? Do you have any recipes you'd recommend?
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x