Saturday, 6 August 2016

Review - L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Stay Fresh Foundation in 120 Vanilla.

Today on my little blog I have a foundation review for you lovely lot *woohoo*. I haven't done a foundation review in a reaaally long time, so bear with me and my rambling. On a recent trip out I was on the lookout for a new foundation as I was nearly out (bad beauty blogger). After having a scan about I found the L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Stay Fresh Foundation and thought I would give it a go.



Firstly, the shade. As a pale girl I automatically go for the fairest shade of foundation in a collection and this was no exception. I reached straight for the lightest shade 120 Vanilla, swatched it on my hand *facepalms* and purchased it. I know. What a dick move. But I was in a rush and couldn't be bothered swatching them all, so this was the lucky one. The shade 120 Vanilla is just that, Vanilla. It's got a very yellow undertone to it and even though it's the palest shade it gives off a slightly more tanned/orange tone when applied and it is very obvious on the neckline, which is a shame.

Secondly, the product & application. The formula of this foundation is quite nice. It's not too thick and it isn't runny, so when it's pumped out onto my hand, I know it's not going to slip straight off. I applied the foundation with a beauty blender and even though the blender is crap (howdo cheapo versions!) the foundation went on really nice. It made my skin look almost flawless. It claims to cover any sign of fatigue and hide blemishes, but as I don't have any blemishes at the moment, I can't say whether that's true, but I love the coverage. It's definitely a medium coverage foundation but can easily be built up to achieve a fuller coverage.

Lastly, the 24 hour thing. WHY would anyone need to or want to wear foundation for 24 hours straight? Just no. I do not know why they put this on the bottle to advertise it. If it's long-wearing....just put long-wearing!


Here are the before / after pictures and you can easily see that it has covered my red, patchy areas and left my face with a lovely even, natural looking coverage. It doesn't feel heavy on and my skin feels like it can breathe and from what I've noticed it doesn't oxidise either (been wearing it for 3 hours), so don't let it bother you if you're a little put off by the shade.

Overall, I love this foundation. I just wish that it came in a few more lighter shades for us paler ladies because I would use this religiously. It makes my skin look fab!

Have you used the L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Stay Fresh Foundation? 
Laura x | Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment & let me know what you thought of the post *insert cheesy grin* x