Tuesday, 23 August 2016

Happy Birthday, Glossybox!

Hello lovelies! Last month's Glossybox was my first one in over 4 years. I uhmed and aahed about it for a while but after seeing several reviews on July's box, I gave it another chance and resubscribed. You can read about July's box here. I was actually surprised with the box and loved the contents of it, so I thought with this one being Glossybox's five year birthday box, I'd stay subbed and see what August's box would bring....


The first thing you'll notice is the box. With it being Glossy's five year birthday they collaborated with an artist called Rae Feather to create the box that you see above. I know it's not about the actual box that the products come in and more about the products themselves BUT I found the box to be very disappointing. With it being a birthday box I expected the packaging to be exciting and a box that you know you'd want to keep, but it's barely different to the box from last month's box....so that was just a downer.


Now to the products. To start off are these two skin care products. First off is this little bottle of Cowshed's Wild Cow Invigorating Body Lotion. I've never heard of this brand which is a plus because, I guess, that's the point of the sub boxes to get new brands out there. This body lotion smells really fresh and it feels smooth and very moisturising on the skin. I've not fully tested it yet, but on first impressions, I love the smell and I love the potential.

Next is a Mudmasky Facial Detox Purifying Recovery Mask. I, personally, am not that big on mud masks as I don't find that they do much for me, so I don't bother with them. But this one is supposedly worth £20 for this little 20ml tube so obvi I'm going to give it a go and will get back to you with what I think.


Then there was this SPA To You Deep Pore Cleansing Facial Brush & Massager *and breathe* I've not tried this one out yet, but I love the idea of it and the bristles feel really nice so I'm hoping it'll help to smooth out my skin a little bit and get this horrible weather out of my pores.


After being slightly unimpressed with the products I've mentioned I came to this: MUA's Starry Night palette and all disappointment was washed away! I adore the MUA brand and their palette's are beautiful, so I was super excited for this to be in my box. I know a couple of people got a different palette to this, but I'm glad I got the Starry Night palette because the colours are so cool and dusky. I am currently wearing a blend of these shadows and LOVE them. Full review coming soon!


And then....there's this. A 'special' canvas-y makeup pouch. I just don't know what to say about it. It's definitely not something I'd want to buy if I saw it. Its too small to fit anything in I'd want to have on me and it's just so blaaaah. I just don't think it's special at all.

All in all, Glossybox's birthday edition was a bit of a let down considering last month's. I'm hoping that next month's will make-up (ha, get it?) for this sad excuse of a b-day box...

What did you think to your August box? Yay? Nay? 
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment & let me know what you thought of the post *insert cheesy grin* x