Sunday, June 26, 2016

First Impressions - The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff / LOreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay.

If you saw my recent post about my flaws then you might know that I suffer with Psoriasis. I've had it for a long time now and recently it's flared up pretty bad and has been a pain in the butt to shift. Even after a steroid solution application it's still a little raw and bad in places so I had a little look online and found these products that I'm hoping will aid in my Psoriasis clear-up.


The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo - 400ml - £7.
I had a little look online to see if there were any shampoos that would help to soothe my scalp and several people suggested trying out this shampoo from The Body Shop. From what I gather the original version of this shampoo was the go-to for it's anti-dandruff properties but they have since changed the formula and people don't think it does so good, but I thought I would give it a go anyway. For £7 it's definitely the most expensive shampoo that I've ever bought and the fact that it smells of ginger wasn't a good selling point to me as I hate the smell of it. BUT, I tried it out yesterday for the first time and it's actually quite nice. The formula is a little bit runny for my taste (taste?) and can escape your hand if you're not fast enough applying it but I enjoyed using it. Unlike other anti-dandruff shampoos it didn't leave my hair feeling dried out and knotty, it was quite soft and the ginger scent wasn't strong at all after rinsing which is great. I obviously can't say whether it works or not yet, but it definitely made my scalp a little less irritated for sure.


LOreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay Conditioner - 400ml - £2 (on offer).
I was in need of a conditioner and saw that these were on offer in Tesco's. I've not tried this product before so was unsure what to get, so after picking up and putting back all the options I ended up with this version which is a re-balancing conditioner. It helps to stop dry ends being dry and oily roots being oily and also makes the scalp feel really clean and purified. As with all LOreal products I've used I loved the smell and I loved the feel of it in my hair as it was super silky and detangled my hair so easy. I'm not sure if it will aid my scalp, but it made my hair feel really soft and healthy after just the one use, so I think I might pick his conditioner up in the future too.

Do you have any suggestions for a Psoriasis prone scalp?
Laura x | Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...