Monday, March 28, 2016

The Power of Makeup / FOTD.

hello lovelies!
I am finally back with a makeup related post *woop woop* I've been really lagging with beauty related posts lately, so I thought I'd better pop something up featuring some sort of makeup item and I decided on this kind of post, which I hope you like.

I've been seeing a lot of 'The Power of Makeup' posts on blogger and Youtube and I love them. I love hearing what you lovely lot have to say about makeup and how it makes you feel. People wear makeup for all kinds of reasons as we know, but it's just nice to hear someone speak about insecurities that I myself have when it comes to going bare-faced. So I thought I would add my own post to the collection and also do a bit of a FOTD.

As for myself, I began wearing makeup when I started college back in 2010 *whoa* and the reason I started then was because I felt really insecure about how my skin looked and how my face in general looked. All the girls looked like models and I felt a bit *bluuuh* when stood beside them. Another reason was (and still is today) that I have PCOS which as you might know encourages beard like hair growth....yeah, I know....fun. So, makeup is almost an essential for me when it comes to day-to-day life. It makes me feel a lot more confident in myself. If I left the house without makeup, I don't think I'd be able to go anywhere without thinking that everyone was looking at me and whispering, so makeup is my saviour.


On the left is my lovely face in his natural 'state'. At the minute it doesn't actually look too bad despite a few pimple scars on my cheeks, so I feel lucky for that, but what you can't really see because of the lighting is the stubble on my chin / jawline / neck and down the sides of my face. My face looks okay for what it is, but in person it's a lot worse. It makes me feel super self-conscious, but after a shave (yeah, it fucking sucks having PCOS), some light moisturiser and my makeup routine, I feel a lot better in myself and don't feel ashamed to go out and about. So makeup, for whatever reason you wear it, can make you feel amazing in yourself, so I encourage anyone to explore it if it makes you feel good. Don't be ashamed to love yourself, even if a bit of lippy helps the cause! 


Products used to create this look:

  • Technic's Get Lashed Mascara (one of my faves!)
  • MUA's Lipstick in 'Nectar'
  • Avon's Ideal Flawless CC Pearls
  • MUA's Pro Brow Kit in Fair to Medium
  • Makeup Gallery's 'Kohl Me Beautiful' Eyeliner in Black
  • Rimmel's Match Perfect Foundation in 'Light Porcelain'
  • A very old Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Palette
  • Made to Wear Finishing Powder (aka my contour powder)

Have you posted a 'The Power of Makeup' post? Let me know in the comments and I'll pop over for a read.
Laura x


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...