Wednesday, 17 February 2016

Movie Madness #4

How are you all? Hope you're all having a fab week so far! Not much has been happening at my side of the keyboard, I've just been re-organising my bedroom in search for more heat out of my radiator (my bed was against it) and just cleaning up the house. It's fun being your own boss, but when you gotta clean EVERY day it becomes a lot less fun (even though I live with my older brother, I still have to do everything!) 


Anyway, after all the stress of making sure the house was clean, I managed to fit a couple of movies into my free time and I got to say, I'm glad I picked these two to watch.



Ride Along.
Security guard Ben must prove himself to his girlfriend's brother, top police officer James. He rides along James on a 24-hour patrol of Atlanta.
I wanted to see this when it first came out because it looked fun as f--- and I never got around to it, but I recently saw it and thought, 'yup, let's do this' and obviously watched it. I am SO glad I did. If you've seen the Rush Hour films with Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker you'll love this because it's just like that except Ice Cube is Jackie and Kevin Hart is Chris. It was a brilliant film. The usual for a cop kind of film, but the comedy and chemistry made it stand out.


Ride Along 2.
As his wedding day approaches, Ben heads to Miami with his soon-to-be brother-in-law James to bring down a drug dealer who's supplying the dealers of Atlanta with product.
OBVIOUSLY I had to watch the sequel and it definitely lived up to the first one.The jokes got even better 'brothers-in-law' and the cast was fab (Ken Jeoung, holla), the story was again a bit passe, a basic cop film but the rest of the plot made it great. I'd definitely recommend both films if you fancy a laugh.

What films have you watched this week? Let me know in the comments below!
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment & let me know what you thought of the post *insert cheesy grin* x