Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Hair Tag.

Hello loves!
To help me get back into the swing of things I thought one of my favourite posts would be the ideal way to go. If you follow my blog then you will know that I am talking about.....it's a TAG post. I found this one on Petal Poppet Blogs and wanted to give it a whirl. Plus, I'm nosy and like to know what other people use on their hair :)

1. Why did you start taking better care of your hair? 

I started taking better care of my hair when I was around 15 after years of dyeing it and using heat on it too often. It was a frazzled out mess, but thankfully it's in much better condition now.

2. What are your 2 favourite hair products?
I love deep conditioner treatments like the Tresemme ones and Superdrug's Coconut Oil as it leaves my hair feeling super soft and healthy. It's really cheap, but so effective.


3. Whose hair did you admire as a child?
I was in love with the Olsen twins hair. Every movie and show they did I was in awe of how amazing their hair looked. The beach waves, the crimped hair, the blonde, ugh! Such envy! (Saying that, their hair isn't really anything to envy anymore)

4. What is your ultimate goal length?
I'd love to have lower back length hair, but it just does not suit me. I end up looking like I've never heard of a pair of scissors before, it's really not a good look on me. So for right now I'm happy with my shoulder length hair.

5. How are you going to celebrate when you reach your ultimate goal length?
Uhm, not sure how to answer this as it's hair...nothing really celebratory about that. 


6. Two styles you want to try at your goal length?
I love the casual curled beach style hair doo, it looks so pretty and 'free'.

7. Which do you prefer: health or length?
I've had really long hair before but my hair had split ends everywhere and was dried out. So probably health for right now. I can't be bothered messing about too much with my hair at the moment, so my shorter style is perfect.


8. Which do you prefer: hair ties with no metal parts or butterfly clips?
I love both. I think butterfly clips are better if you're taking care of your hair because hair ties always yank out a few hairs here and there when taking them out.


9. What products do you prefer: salon brands, organic brands, BSS brands, Drugstore brands, or other?
Usually just drugstore shampoos. But I've been having to use Naked's range lately as my psoriasis is playing up and these have no sulfates in them so they help to keep it at bay. Just a little tip for anyone battling the same problem.

10. Which product/technique do you think is over-rated?
Back combing. It may look good, but what's it doing to your hair??

11. Which product/technique do you think is under-rated?
Having natural hair. Not really a technique, but I don't think people work the natural hair style anymore. There's too much over-heating going on.

12. What is your favourite part of your hair regimen?
Deep conditioning. I looove just getting a soak and leaving a treatment on my hair for a good hour. My hair feels fab afterwards!


13. What is the most annoying part of your hair regimen?
Drying my hair. Even though it's a lot shorter now, it's still a pain to dry. It just takes too long with the combing and the drying and the combing....


14. Oils or Butters?
Oils.

15. Buns or Ponytails?
With long hair; buns. With my current hair; ponytail.

16. Wigs or Weaves?
Never had either...


17. What is your opinion of growth aids?
I've never tried any growth treatment on my hair, but if I ever felt the need I would probably try one out.

18. At what length do you consider hair long?
Probably just below the shoulders.


19. When is the last time you visited a salon?
Uuuuh, about 7 months ago. I've had my hair cut since though (by my dad). I'm not really on a financial level where I can spend £10 everytime I need to get my hair trimmed....


20. What do you like to surf most often: YouTube channels, personal blogs, or hair forums?
I love watching YouTube beauty videos for sure. They're a good way to get ideas.

21. Finally, what piece of advice would you give to someone just starting out on their hair journey?
If you're not sure what you like to use or how you like your hair then just experiment a little. Just remember hair always grows back!

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...