Monday, August 11, 2014

What I Watched This Month | July Edition.

So....you might have noticed that I've not been around for a few weeks. I've been busy at home looking after my family and trying to help out where I can. My mum had her first round of chemo today, so I'm hoping to be at home and be able to be there for her whenever I'm needed. 

I've not been in the right state of mind to be buying and reviewing new products, which is the other reason I stopped blogging for a while. I did, however, win a lovely little prize from Jess over at Lovely Jubbly and I just bought a new foundation, so I'll be trying those new items out over the next week or so and hopefully get a review up. So bare with me, guys! 

I've been attempting to take my mind off of things this month by watching movies, reading books (surgical ones which probably won't help) and by throwing myself into new tv shows, so this is what I've watched this week.


Sherlock Holmes.
I've been meaning to step into the world of S.Holmes for a while and during a boring night in my family decided to watch the remake with Robert Downey Jr & Jude Law. I didn't know what to expect and I can say, honestly, that I wasn't too impressed with it. The story was a nice twist, but the fact that I could barely understand RDJ's portrayal of Sherlock wasn't very appealing. 
3/5

Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
I wasn't really interested in this movie when it came out. I didn't get the appeal of it, but on another boring, rainy night in the Hampton household, we decided to flick channel 4 on and give it a watch. I didn't think it would be as good as it was, but I really enjoyed it. Caeser was so cute as a baby!
5/5

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
After enjoying the first movie, myself, my boyfriend and my parents all went to the cinema to see the sequel. This one didn't really grab my attention straight away like the first one did, but around an hour or so into it when it got going, I really started to enjoy it. CAUTION to Dyslexic people: there's a lot of subtitles!
4/5


Guardians of the Galaxy.
I initially wanted to see this because of the teeny part that Vin Diesel plays in it, but after coming out of the cinema I was shocked that I enjoyed it for more than just 'I Am Groot'. Chris Pratt is amazing as the lead, I've only see him in a few things, but he's fab in this. I thought the movie was amazing and I can't wait to see it again.
4/5

Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone.
Aaaah, a classic. I watch this movie, or rather the first half hour, around 3 times a week. I've gotten into the habit of putting this on as I'm about to drift off to sleep because I love listening to the music in the movie. I adore the soundtrack so much. 
4/5

Veronica Mars - Season One.
Another new series that I got obsessed with recently is Veronica Mars. After seeing the movie in Asda and being intrigued by it, I decided to buy the series straight out and watch it all before giving into the film. I'm SO glad that I did as I absolutely adore the show and it's characters (well, most of them). I'm just moving onto season three now where Neptune's graduates are all grown up and causing hassle at college. I can't wait to watch the movie, but I don't want to finish the series......every tv marathoners nightmare!
5/5

I've also started rewatching season seven of Gilmore Girls and season one of Rizzoli & Isles. What have you been watching lately?
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x