Monday, July 14, 2014

Weekly Roundup.

14/7/2014
What a absolute gut wrenching/happy week I have had. My mind is so confused as to what to think or do or say. It's been a really confusing, thought-filled week for me. I've had to face the reality that the things in my life might change and change pretty fast. I've had to accept that things won't be the same forever and I've had to have a smile on my face whilst I've done all that so not to upset anyone. So, it's safe to say I've had a pretty crap week emotionally. 

In other news, this week we took in a little Jack Russell called 'Patch'. My uncle's friend had to give him up as his landlord found out he was a resident in his flat, so we decided to adopt him and let him take up residence in our house. It took a few days, but he's finally settling in and gets excited whenever he sees us. He's definitely tiring us all out though....

Alex, his dad and I went to see the new Transformers: Age of Extinction. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I don't really like Mark Wahlberg's acting (is he not the same in everything?), but to my own surprise I really enjoyed the film and the cast mix up was brill. It was a little bit too long for my liking and my butt was numb in the cinema, but I liked it. I'm hoping we go see Guardians of the Galaxy next. On Wednesday, we all went to the local pub quiz at Alex's and we won. The questions were fairly easy, but it's always nice to have a win. Nothing like the taste of a free pint of Strongbow!

On Saturday, we decided to take a trip to the coast and we traveled up to a place called Withernsea. I've been going there since I can remember, but it began to go downhill a few years ago (quite literally, the sea's washing away the park we stayed at) and we stopped going. My dad fancied a ride down though 'for a change' and we ended up having dinner, going in the arcades and having an ice cream on the beach. It's a boring place now, not somewhere I'd like to go on holiday anymore, but I enjoyed the day out with my family. It made a change, I s'pose.

 The beach, even though it was foggy, was quite full of people. We sat on the rocks and ate our Mr Whippy ice creams, which were yummy! I also won the jackpot on a bandit for my dad, yay!



Moving on....has anyone else had trouble finding a Chubby Stick or a mascara in this month's Glamour mag? I've seen so many moisturisers, but the ones I want the most are hiding from me. I'm just gonna give up *cries* To perk up my day though, I did pick up a lovely beige/black swallow print dress from Primark for a tenner. A size twenty actually fit me (woop), with room to spare! :O I adore it, can't wait to wear it out, which I might do at a 'couple's night' at a restaurant called Boccacio's with Alex in a few weeks.

I also posted quite a lot this week. I guess times of stress motivate my creative juices.

And that was my eventful week. Here's to next week being better.
Laura x

5 comments:

  1. The pup is adorable! The videos i saw were so cute hahahaha
    love victoriajanex
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, he's mental. He randomly starting dragging himself across the floor early..... :)

      Laura x

      Delete
  2. That's great you've had such a good week. Your new dog is the absolute cutest!
    Elesaurus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's cute during the day, but a pain in the butt at night time :)

      Laura x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...