Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Reading Habits TAG.

12/07/2014
I saw this 'The Reading Habits Tag' on Hayley's blog and thought 'I'm a book lover, I enjoy reading...I know, I'll do this tag' and we got to this point. I created the little picture below to show off the tag, feel free to use it if you would like to.

1. Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
When I'm at home I tend to read when I'm in bed. I don't do it too often as I get uncomfortable very easy. So most of my reading gets done whilst on car journey's at the weekend.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I used to just turn the corner of the page over and use that as my bookmark, but Alex bought me a 3D bookmark with little puppies on it, so I use that now. I also have a Harry Potter one somewhere...

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or certain number of pages?
I like to read to the next chapter if I can, if not I just get to the end of the paragraph. I can't stop mid-sentence, it annoys me too much.

4. Do you eat or drink when reading?
I like to snack, but I can't concentrate enough if I have a lot of food in front of me :)

5. Do you watch TV or listen to music when reading?
Nope. If the TV is on or there's music coming from somewhere, I can't concentrate. I either get roped into what's happening on TV or end up singing along to the music. So I like quietness when I am reading.

6. One book at a time or several at once?
I wish I could do more than one book at a time, but in all honesty, it takes me ages to complete just one book, so I tend to stick to the one.


7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Like I said above, I read in bed sometimes, but I prefer to do my reading in the car. It makes the journey's less boring having something to do that doesn't include using a phone.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently....I don't understand why someone would want to read to themselves out loud.

9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
I try not to. If there's something big about to happen on the same page I'm reading, I cover it over with paper, so I can't cheat. I think it ruins the story if you skip ahead. 


10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
Books look better with broken spines, don't they? They look loved and read. I love seeing all the new books in Waterstones, but I love my book shelf even better.

11. Do you write in your books? 
I've recently began turning over corners of the book where I've found a quote that I like then later on highlighting the quote. I don't really write in them as in terms of notations....I don't really have anything else to say. It's in the book.

12. What are you currently reading?
I just finished reading 'The Best Of Me' by Nicholas Sparks. I loved reading it until I got to Chapter 21 then I completely hated it. Good potential then it got ruined, well done, Sparks. I'm just about to start reading the first book in the Rizzoli & Isles saga, 'The Surgeon'. I've gotten really into the show lately and after realising it was based on a series of books, I popped onto Amazon and snapped the first one up for under £2.

If you enjoyed this tag, feel free to do it yourself. I don't fancy tagging anyone in case you're not a reader, so do as you will :)
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x