Monday, July 07, 2014

BEAUTY HAUL ft. Simple, Collection & Impulse.

This weekend I went to town intent on picking up a few new skin care products (a toner, mainly), only I came home with one item that matches that category and a couple of things that don't. *Joey air-quote* 'Oooops!' I popped into the £ shop and....well, y'know, how it goes. You come out with a bagful of things you don't really need.....oh well :)


Poundland is getting gooood with it's beauty products lately and keeps getting new brands in every time I go. It's kinda hard to resist picking up some bits and pieces whenever I go in. I also popped into Superdrug for a nosey and picked up some things with my Beauty Card points (I was 7p short of spending my points, so I ended up buying 2 bags of 5p crisps and paying 3p in cash, ha!)


 HEAD & SHOULDERS Hair Treatments.
I picked these up for £1 each from Poundland. I didn't even know Head & Shoulders did these kinds of hair products, but when I saw them I couldn't resist basketing them. I picked up one to treat dry hair/scalp and one to help prevent hair fall caused by breakage. Both of these sound like they were made for my hair, so I'm looking forward to trying them out.

♥  SIMPLE Kind To Skin Soothing Toner.
I picked this little sample bottle up from Poundland as I was on the look out for a new toner, but as always, I was reluctant to spend a lot in case I didn't like it. So this little bottle was perfect. I've tried it out already and so far I'm liking it, so I might purchase the full bottle soon. For a small bottle this seems like it will last a while, which is fab!

♥  COLLECTION Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Powder.
I also found this in the £ shop, which was a steal considering it's around £4 in Boots. BARGAIN. I've been looking for a new powder as I got bored with Rimmel Matte Perfection one and to my surprise, this one is working fab so far.

♥  COLGATE Max White One Active.
I bought this for £2 on sale in Superdrug. I was actually looking for the 'Optic' one that keeps being advertised, but accidentally picked this one up instead. I've used it a few times now, but I don't like it, it cleans the teeth fine, but doesn't leave you with a nice fresh taste in your mouth like it should.

♥  IMPULSE Sweet Smile Pear & Jasmine Body Spray.
I picked this up for 98p from Superdrug. It's got the nicest, sweetest smell and it's just really nice and refreshing when sprayed on. It's my absolute favourite body spray.

Have you picked up any new bits lately?
Laura x

9 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of those Head & Shoulders treatments before but I'll definitely be checking them out! I love H&S range of haircare, I feel like some don't see them as 'glamorous' products but I suffer from eczema and H&S helps keep my sensitive scalp happy. I haven't tried bought an Impulse for years either, it brings back memories of being younger and buying them with my pocket money, haha :)

    Meg xo
    Meg Says | Health & Beauty, UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have psoriasis, so anything to help keep my scalp happy is a must have!
      Impulse are fab, I used to always have the mini bottles when I was little and I loved them!

      Laura x

      Delete
  2. I didn't even know head and shoulders did hair treatments either! Whoah! I wish they sold that in the US! Now I've got to check it out. I'm glad that you're liking the selection that they're coming out with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tried the one for dry hair and it's left my hair feeling really soft and it smells gorgeous. I'd definitely recommend having a look on the US amazon x

      Delete
  3. I had to drag myself out of poundland today! Boughts some shower bits n bobbies and birthday stuff for my male :-) (candles balloons etc.. not his presents im not that cheap haha.. oh wait except for the fake moustaches i got him) I didnt see those hair treatments though but I was shocked to see sally hansen nail polish in there! They are stepping up in the world well and truly :D


    I also just posted a new haul on my blog too :) www.bitofeverythingblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know! It's so difficult not to buy everything. I've had a few bottles of Revlon polish and picked up some L'Oreal goodies. It's fab saving the pennies!

      Ha! I buy all my birthday bags/candles/wrapping from the £ shop too. No point spending loads when they'll just end up in the bin :)

      Laura x

      Delete
  4. I used to use that powder, it's so good!
    Funnily enough now use Rimmels haha

    love victoriajanex
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, odd. I like it, but it seems a bit cakey on me...so, a bit meh on whether to switch back to Rimmel :/
      Laura x

      Delete
  5. Love these buys, the impulse is amazing (smells so good)
    Feel free to check out our latest post if you have time x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/summer-makeup.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...