Friday, June 27, 2014

REVIEW - Schwarzkopf Color Mask in '657 Light Copper Brown'.

27/06/2014
A few months back you may remember me posting about going a lighter hair colour, WELL, that was a few months ago and I got a bit bored...so I decided to return to the dark side.


Earlier this month I posted a haul post (here) featuring a Schwarzkopf Color Mask hair dye, so instead of wasting more money on hair dyes (I have 3 others tucked away in a drawer) I decided to take the plunge and pop on this new hair mask.


In this beaten up box was all the 'ingredients' to give me the 657 'Light Copper Brown' hair colour featured on the box. My go-to when I used to dye my hair was always a reddish brown, so this was perfect! Inside the box is the usual: a developer cream, colour cream, conditioner sachet, gloves and instructions. As you can see the application tub is just like that of a hair conditioner, which I loved, more on that in the scroll....


Not that the colour chart usually actually matters, but I thought I'd post it to show you guys what it's supposed to look like. I know I always look for these on reviews. As you can see this hair dye is designed mostly for blonde/light brown hair colours, I doubt it would do much to anything darker than a medium brown as it wouldn't lift the colour. 

Inside the conditioner tub there's a typical white developer cream. Inside the colour tube is a lovely pink coloured cream. You mix the two together inside the tub and voila:


A lovely, thick, pink formula that actually smells quite nice (for a change). I remember thinking it smelled like potpourri, but you can be the judge for yourselves. I'm not lying when I say it does smell nice, but for the first 5 minutes the smell was incredibly overpowering and made my eyes water like crazy. So definitely crack open a window, door or even pop outside and do it...be adventurous :)

The application was SO simple. The easiest application I've EVER had with a hair dye. You apply this just like you would a hair conditioner. Apply it through the ends and up to the roots, leave it on for 20-25 minutes (I only left it on 15 because of my light hair) and then rinse it off. It is amazing. I did panic a little as I kinda focused a little too much on the left side of my hair and didn't realise I'd almost used up the mixture, but thankfully I managed to spread it through my roots and down the lengths pretty easily. If you do have longer than shoulder length hair, I'd definitely recommend buying two as you will run out.


AND this is the result. Shockingly to me, it actually looks like it does on the box (woot), which I am chuffed with! I adore this colour so much and I feel so much more me with it, which is odd to say, but I was never meant to be a blonde girl, I mean, c'mon I have BLACK eyebrows!

I adore this hair mask dye so much, it's so easy to use. It didn't dry my hair out. The conditioner made my hair feel super soft and really lovely. It gave me an even coverage (even though I nearly ran out of it). It gave me the colour I wanted and it was simple. I'd definitely use this mask again! I've even convinced my mum to use it, so fingers crossed it doesn't fudge up on her :/

Have you tried this hair colour mask dye? What did you think?
Laura x

6 comments:

  1. This is a really lovely colour! I personally think it suits you better this colour than blonde :) But it's always nice to have a change!

    http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Yeah, it was fun being light for a while!

      Laura x

      Delete
  2. That looks a good way of dying your hair! I used to use Nice and Easy but as I have a red tinge in my hair I always ended up ginger. I really wanted chocolate brown!! :((

    Danniella x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really easy. I like it, probably keep using this one in future.
      I've got (or did have) a red tinge to my hair, so I ended up with a red colour all the time anyway. Especially after a few washes.

      Laura x

      Delete
  3. I love it, it looks really nice on you! I really want to dye my hair, so this looks really good!
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked fab in that pic, which was taken just after I had done it. But a few washes later it seems to have faded a little x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x