Tuesday, April 15, 2014

TV Shows You Should See #3

This week's TV Show You Should See is completely different from my previous two that I posted about. This one is a little show called Gilmore Girls. I've watched and loved this show for about five years now and it's always a show that I go back to for comfort.


Gilmore Girls first aired in 2000 and ran for seven successful seasons, coming to an end in 2007.  It follows the lives of 32 year old Lorelai and her 16 year old daughter Rory as they go about their lives in the quirky, small town of Stars Hollow.
-----------------------------
The thing that I love about this show the most is that it's relate-able. It's got the storylines, the characters and the dramas that everyone can relate to and get immersed in. I also love that the cast isn't just packed with models and actually features people that you'd more than likely see in your own life. All of the characters are accentric and have their own thing going on. More than likely you'll adore everyone in the show (maybe not Logan) and fall in love with the series after the first episode. I know I did. With it's comedy, it's drama, it's characters and it's quirky town, Gilmore Girls is definitely a show that will warm your heart. I always end up watching this show when I'm feeling a bit nostalgic, it's like a comfort blanket. Saying all that though, I definitely prefer the first three seasons of the show to the last four, but you might be different and think it the other way around. I just prefer the Chilton years to the Yale years.


Anyway, enough babbling, to sum it up. I love this show. It's characters are some of the best on TV and Lorelai is definitely one of the best fictional female creations ever.

Have you seen Gilmore Girls?
Laura x

2 comments:

  1. I love Gilmore Girls. Haven't watched it for a few years. They need to get it on Netflix! :)
    Vicki x

    What A Little Pickle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched it for years, but for some reason, I can't remember the last few seasons, so I'm rewatching it. The first 3 seasons are definitely my favourites x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x