Thursday, April 03, 2014

REVIEW - Superdrug's Coconut Oil.

I'm not someone that gives into blogger hype. I like to read the reviews for future reference, but I'm not really into buying everything that's getting raved about. That is probably why it's taken me so long to pick up the little pot of wonder that is Superdrug's Own Coconut Oil


This 125ml pot of (hydrogenated) coconut oil is one of Superdrug's most popular beauty items. It comes packaged in the most simplest design, but inside it has a wonderfully smelling, multi-use block of coconut oil. Notice how I say 'block' of coconut oil? Well, the coconut oil is actually in solid form in the pot (as you can see below), but when it comes into contact with your skin it quickly begins to melt into a nice thin oily consistency. I quite like this idea because it saves you wasting any of the product. If I scrape off too much off the product, I just pop it back into the pot. Simples.


This pot of coconut oil is well worth it's tiny £2.29 price tag as it has so many uses. I've not not gotten around to using them all yet, but these are what I've used it for so far:

a body moisturiser - I apply this to my upper arms/elbows/knees/underarms and it helps to soften up any dry skin I have and moisturise my underarms after shaving, yay
a deep conditioner - I apply two 50p sized blobs throughout my hair (missing the scalp) and leave it in overnight, when washed out it leaves my hair feeling very soft and healthy
a leave in conditioner - I apply a small amount to the ends of my hair after washing and then blow dry. It really helps with those pesky split ends
a cuticle/hand cream - I rub a tiny blob into my hands and around my nails and it helps to make them smooth and soft

& that is just four of this products uses. I've read that people also use it as a lip balm, a cleansing oil and even a facial moisturiser (which isn't recommend as it clogs the pores)
So it's definitely value for money!

 Superdrug's Coconut Oil - Before and after.

So....it's an all around moisturiser, it's a hair saviour and it smells gorgeous....what else could you ask for? This is definitely going to be a staple in my skin/hair care regime for a long time.

Have you tried Superdrug's Coconut Oil? What do you use it for?
Laura x

4 comments:

  1. I love this stuff! When you apply it to your hair, put it on your scalp too- it contains selenium which stimulates hair growth :) I usually melt some down with almond oil and use it on my scalp and hair (and walk around like a grease ball for a few hours before washing) haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of putting it on my scalp, but I definitely will now. Hopefully it'll help get rid of the dryness before I go to the hairdressers. I love this product so much. What Almond Oil do you use with it?

      Laura x

      Delete
  2. This sounds like such a great product, and I love products that you can use for many different things, I'll definitely keep an eye out for this!
    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great and so affordable. I'd definitely recommend you pick up a pot :)

      Laura x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x