Sunday, April 20, 2014

HAUL POST - feat. MUA, NSpa, Garnier.

20/04/2014
When you put yourself on a spending ban venturing into town with family becomes quite a difficult task as it's hard to avoid the shops that you know you will want to buy things in. Unfortunately for me, the shops won this time and I ended up buying a bit of a bagful of things over the past week, which isn't good for my purse, but it gives me a blog post to write ;-)


When it comes to buying skin care and makeup, I tend to head straight for Superdrug, but I found myself in Asda and Home Bargains this week too, so I picked up a few bits from there.



To wipe off my makeup at the end of the day I love to use Superdrug's own Camomile Facial Cleansing Wipes. They do a lovely job of cleaning off my foundation and even my mascara, so I picked up a top up pack of these fab wipes for just 99p. To tone I've been using Garnier's Pore Purifying Toner and it does a fab job. It helps to remove any sebum/dirt and keeps my face shine free. I picked this top-up up for around £3 on sale in Superdrug. When it's time to 'fill in' my eyebrows I always grab for my MUA eye pencil, but I wanted a change (and an excuse to buy something new) and picked up this PRO BROW Ultimate Eyebrow Kit also by MUA. I got this for around £3, I think. I've used this several times now and love it, I plan on popping a review up soon. When we left town, we popped to do our weekly shop in Asda and as usual, I had a nosey at the reduction stand and found this NSpa Instant Blur Primer reduced from £4.00 to £2.50. I've always stuck with my Nivea primer for my makeup longevity, but thought for £2.50 I might as well give it a go (as you do). I've used this twice so far, but I'm not sure how I feel about it just yet. Review to come! And finally, I popped into Home Bargains and found these Slim Aid Patches for 89p a box. I don't believe too much in 'slimming aids', but I thought for under a pound I'd give them a whirl and I'm quite impressed so far. I don't want to give too much away about them as I'm planning to review these (so many reviews!) soon, so keep an eye out if you're interested.

I also picked up a couple of items of clothing yesterday while visiting my brother in Huddersfield. I'll pop a post up about them tomorrow.

I hope you're all having a nice, relaxing Easter holiday and have indulged in all the chocolate you can stomach. I've not eaten any choccie eggs yet....how sad is that? There's time to change that though *secretly opens Galaxy egg box*
Laura x

4 comments:

  1. Love the MUA pro-brow! I use it every day :p
    xox, michelle | alovelyallure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fab, definitely beats using the pencil x

      Delete
  2. I love hauls especially when there's offers on products - that's when I go mad and end up buying more haha! :)

    Love products for the brows - instantly look better! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk - hope we can follow each other xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy hauls too, it's always nice to get some ideas on what to look for at the weekend :)

      Laura x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x