Thursday, March 13, 2014

SKIN CARE - March Skin Care Routine.

I woke up this morning and did my usual routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising and I got to thinking that I've not written a skin care post in a while. I mean, I might have, but I can't find it on my recents posts, so I'm guessing it's been a while! And through that thought process, here we are with an 'updated skin care routine' post.




To begin my skin care routine, I start by cleansing my eyes and getting rid of any mascara, liner or shadow that's on there. Obviously I only do this at night, I don't do a Carrie Diaries and wake up in full makeup....The eye makeup remover that I've been using lately is Skin System's 'Young Skin' by Asda. I picked this up as it was cheap (around £1) and I didn't want to spend a lot on a remover, but to be 100% honest with you, I hate it. It's a complete pain when it gets into the eye, which really cannot be helped, so I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I'll pick up Simple's next time! After the stinging in my eyes has gone, I cleanse the rest of my face with Superdrug's Camomile Facial Cleansing Wipes, which some frown upon, but they do an amazing job at taking off any trace of foundation that's lasted throughout the day. They are very caring for the skin too and don't dry it out like others I've tried. (I do sometimes use an exfoliator and face wash too, but I forgot to include them, but they are Garnier's Deep Pore Wash and St Ive's Scrub)


After my skin's cleansed and feeling fresh, I apply a dab of Garnier's PureActive Pore Purifying Toner to a cotton pad and swipe it all over my face. Focusing mainly on my t-zone area as that's a b*tch for getting blackheads. Once that has dried, I apply a thin layer of Garnier's Pure Long-Lasting Shine Control Moisturiser (whew!) and massage it into my skin, especially my focusing on my t-zone. These two work really well together and keep my face shine free all day. They're definitely my skin care staples, right now.


To round off my routine, I apply a little blob of Olay's Firm & Lift deep wrinkle treatment to my under eye area and my 'smile lines' :). I know this particular cream isn't designed for my 20 year old skin, but I've not found any that I like, so suggestions would be fab! I've recently been using No7's Lift & Luminate Day Serum to try and combat the redness that my face takes on throughout the day, but this particular serum hasn't really made much difference so far, so I'm not sure that I'll continue using this one.... 

And lastly, my holy grail of spot creams, Clean & Clear's Fast Clearing Spot Treatment. As soon as I feel a spot coming on, I pop a tiny blob of this on it and it disappears within a few days. This stuff is amazing! 

If you've got any recommendations for a good eye cream or serum for my skin, let me know. I like ones that prevent wrinkles and help out with dark circles....not too much to ask, is it? 

What have you been using lately?
Laura x

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I swear by the clean and clear spot treatment :)



    Laura x
    http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, it's amazing. I used to have the moisturiser and that was fab, but can't seem to find it by itself anywhere :/ x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x