Wednesday, March 19, 2014

TV Shows You Should See #1

My love for television is pretty huge. I don't know what I'd do if I did not own a television. I have so many shows that I love to watch and shows that I want to watch, I don't think I'll ever get around to them all. I thought since my blogs branching out of the makeup/beauty hole, I'd post some shows that I definitely think you should check out. Even if it's the first episode, just check to see if it catches your attention or not. The first show is:


Sleepy Hollow is (kind of) a TV version of the Johnny Depp movie, only this time Ichabod has more colour to his skin and doesn't look like a Edward Scissorhands reject. He looks normal. Or whatever passed as normal in 1781. In this version of the story, Ichabod Crane (played by Brit, Tom Mison) awakens in modern day New York along with the Headless Horseman in tow. When the Horseman begins a trail of terror and beheads one of NY's police officers, a young Lieutenant named Abbie Mills (played by Nicole Beharie) begins to investigate the mysterious goings on. When she and Ichabod Crane cross paths they begin to work together to figure out what's going on and why he and the Horseman have both been resurrected.

If I'm totally honest, I didn't expect anything from this show. I didn't even know it was being made, I didn't think a tv adaption would work and most importantly to me, I didn't recognise anyone starring in it. But to my surprise, I'm enjoying it so much. It can get confusing at times if you're not paying attention to it properly, but I think I've found a new obsession.

The character of Ichabod is so funny. His adapting to 21st century life is very amusing to watch, the writers did a really good job of incorporating some comedy into the show.


(I did finally realise that Tom Mison was in One Day, but you can see why it took a while)
If you have an interest in shows like this then definitely check it out,
it's worth a watch!
Laura x

4 comments:

  1. My friend got me into Sleepy Hollow late last year (I think it was about halfway through the season) and I love it! :D I'd never heard of it before at all, but she kept bugging me and I think I saw a tumblr post saying it was kind of like Supernatural, so I eventually tried it - and then marathoned all the episodes that had aired up to that point, which I think speaks for itself :P Have you got to the end of the season? That twist at the end! (It also, as far as I can remember, actually made me jump a couple of times, which hasn't happened with Supernatural for a few seasons XD)

    ~Becca // rjtmisti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I watched the finale with my mum and we were both in shock! I can't believe we've got to wait until September for the new season.
      I know, Supernatural's not really that scary anymore. I've got Sleepy Hollow for my scares now though :)

      Laura x

      Delete
  2. we haven't watched any episodes yet, but we've heard that it is really good, so we might have to get into it once we're done with our exams. Have you watched the Blacklist? We love the show, it's definitely worth checking out!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! No, I've not seen the Blacklist, I've seen a few clips on tv, but not really been too bothered by it. I'll have to have another look at it and give it a go :)

      Sleepy Hollow is really good, it's definitely worth a watch!
      Laura x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x