Monday, March 03, 2014

FASHION - Oscars Favourite Dress Picks.

If you haven't been living under a rock this week, you'll have known that last night was the glamourous Oscars Awards ceremony and like all girls, I was excited to see what everyone was wearing. But after watching the Red Carpet, I was a bit disappointed with the dress choices this year. A lot of ladies went for nude or black coloured dresses and none of them really 'popped' for me. 

I usually love Jennifer Lawrence's dresses (even the bedsheet one), but I think the orange dress that she wore, along with her makeup, kinda washed her out a little bit. I didn't like her outfit at all, but she made up for it with the antics on the red carpet!

So, I went through Eonline's gallery and narrowed the few I had down and decided that these two were my favourites of the night:


Sandra Bullock as always looked gorgeous wearing this navy satin Alexander McQueen gown. I love the cut of the dress, especially the bodice and the way that it comes together at the side. I think this made Sandy look beautiful and it really made her dark eyes pop.

Jenna Dewan Tatum (aka Mrs Channing Tatum) looked stunning in this nude Reem Acra gown. She always picks out really nice dresses for the red carpet, but this is my absolute fave on her. Amy Adams wore a similar dress last year, but this is the way it should be done. It kinda makes her look like a princess.


Makeup wise, both Sandra and Jenna went for a smokey eye and a natural nude lip. Whilst they both also kept their hairstyles quite simple - Sandra went for a curled side parting while Jenna had a effortless messy updo. Both ladies looked stunning and I think they really rocked their dresses well.

What were your favourites of the night?
Laura x

2 comments:

  1. I loved these dresses too!

    Would love it if you checked out my blog - http://beyondimagination12.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're stunning!
      Having a nosey now :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x