Monday, February 10, 2014

REVIEW - MUA's Ever After Matte Palette.

I'll start this post off by saying that eyeshadows aren't really my thing. I find that wearing glasses kinda defeats the purpose of wearing eyeshadows as people are drawn to my eyes because of the glasses anyway, so overload of eyeshadow wouldn't help. BUT that being said and me being a sucker for a bargain, I couldn't resist this lovely little palette from MUA. 

This 'Ever After' palette consists of 10 square pans of matte eyeshadows and a two sponged applicator. The palette describes the shadows as 'irresistable velvety shades of warm and cool tones, for a cashmere-soft finish'. Well, I'm no expert, but I've definitely got to disagree with that statement from MUA.


MUA's description of the eyeshadows is completely false. This set of shadows are definitely not 'velvety' and they do not leave you with a 'cashmere' finish. These are extremely annoying to apply and don't blend as well as described. I find that when they are applied to the brush they tend to become chalky and very hard to blend onto the lid. The pigmentation on the 'cooler' colours is rubbish. To get the little bit of colour that's shown below, I had to apply 3-4 layers of the shadow and even still, it's not completely visible. The bottom row of colours (the warm shades) are a bit more pigmentated and don't require too many coats to show off the colours.



I do regret purchasing this palette as it's not the best quality available and the shadows aren't very pigmented, but for £4 I suppose it's decent enough for beginners. Not something I'd recommend for someone with an interest in dramatic eye looks.

What do you think to the MUA palettes?
Laura x

6 comments:

  1. I actually quite liked this palette (mainly bc it was only £4), and I have to agree that the colour pay off is a bit iffy but it's alright for an everyday type of thing


    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it's okay for £4, I just think the description was way off mark. The deeper colours aren't too bad though.

      Laura x

      Delete
  2. i find all together mua matt eye shadows are nearly always a disappointment!
    rach x.
    lipstickanddaisies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a shame, I usually like Mua, but yeah, this was definitely disappointing.

      Laura x

      Delete
  3. It's a shame this isn't great quality! I'm normally a massive MUA fan, but I doubt I'll be picking this up now.

    Maxine, xx
    theblondeonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I usually like their products, too. But this is a let down. I don't know, you might like it, but I think it's a bit 'blah'.

      Laura x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x