Thursday, January 16, 2014

REVIEW - Benefit's Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow/Liner in 'Sippin n Dippin'.

Last week, I was casually walking around town waiting for Alex to come out of the dentist when it started pouring it down, so I popped into a charity shop to take cover and have a browse. Thank goodness, I did because I found one product/brand that I never expected to find in a charity shop (clearly the person that owned it didn't realise it's worth). My first bargain buy of the year! The product in question is this lovely little thing:


 Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in 'Sippin n Dippin'.



The thing that I adore about Benefit is the way that they design their packaging. It is so cute and adorable and also such a sneaky way of pulling us beauty bloggers in for the catch! I absolutely love the vintage vibe to this particular product packaging and also, the cute little doves(?) on the product packaging itself.  Even if I had seen this in the shop at it's RRP I would have been tempted to buy it purely for the packaging. (That's bad, isn't it?)


Inside this fab packaging is a lovely pot of peachy/gold shadow/liner. When I first opened the pot it didn't look like a cream eyeshadow like it says on the box, it felt more waxy than creamy to me, but still with just one little swipe of the product it gave my eyelid fab coverage. It is a shimmery shadow, which isn't really to my taste, but it looks really nice with the one coat, I found that more than that left me looking like an 80's diva.

I love this product because for the first time in my beauty loving life, I found an eyeshadow that doesn't crease when I wear it! Staying true to its name this 'creaseless' shadow doesn't crease (amazing!) and the staying power is fab. I applied this in the morning and by 5 it was still there without any smudges and looking like I'd just applied it. I've never really been a shadow person, but I'd definitely give this a 5/5 just for staying power and creaselessness (is that even a word?)


The absolute best thing about this product was what I paid for it, which was a mere 40 pennies for this lovely little pot of gold....now you understand my previous *squee*

This retails at around £7 on Amazon and £15 on the Benefit website, so I think I bagged myself a massive bargain!

Have you picked up any bargains lately?
Laura x

4 comments:

  1. 40p for a benefit product?! Blimey, you must be rather lucky ;) haha.

    This looks like a lovely, neutral, everyday colour. I know what you mean with finding eyeshadows that don't crease, I always end up applying eyeshadow about 50 times over before I'm happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know, as soon as I saw it I snapped it up!

      Laura x

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness you got a bargain didn't you! Looks like a gorgeous shade :) x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did - better keep an eye out in future :)

      Laura x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...