Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Recap of my 2013 Resolutions.

Happy 2014 lovely followers, I wonder what this year is going to bring? I've already posted my new New Year's resolutions for this year, but it got me to thinking about the ones that I made last year and whether or not I stuck to/accomplished them. So, here's my 2013 New Year's Resolution review post.

#1. Save £££.
One of last year's goals was to start saving money and stop buying things that I didn't need. Well, I can genuinely say that I did that this year. I've managed to save a good amount of money in the bank and I no longer buy things that I know I will never end up using. I'm quite proud to have accomplished this goal, it's made me feel a bit more secure knowing that I've got the cash there if I need it. Also, I don't have a basket full of unused things in my room, whoop!
Accomplished? YES.

#2. Get healthier.
Of course everyone wants to be healthy, right? And this has been one of my top goals for as long as I can remember, but sadly for me, this resolution wasn't to be in 2013. I did start a diet. In fact, I started two different diets in 2013. First I tried the Slim Fast diet, but I only ended up losing around 3lbs in 3 weeks and that really discouraged me and I went back to eating 'normally' again. Then I decided to do the Weight Watchers diet (with my boyfriend) and we both managed to lose around half a stone each, which was amazing! But then we went on holiday and it all went back on. BUT, a new year, a new diet. This time around it's going to be the Low GI diet, so I'm hoping this one works out a lot better for me.
Accomplished? NO.

#3. De-clutter.
With my bedroom being the smallest in the house, the fact that I've got a lot of stuff doesn't help with the space in the room. So, my plan was to de-clutter and free up some of the space that I could manage and I did, but then my birthday came and now Christmas came, so now it's in total chaos all over again.
Accomplished? YES, then NO.

#4. Stop worrying/stressing.
This is always a problem for me. For instance, I'm 20 years old and over Christmas I worried like hell over my mum drinking too much. It really should be the other way around, shouldn't it? But, that's me for ya! I still do this and I will probably continue to do this, so there's really no point putting it as a goal for me.
Accomplished? NEVER.

#5. Travel.
I've always wanted to travel, I've always wanted to see the world, but of course my #1 goal has to come into play and I don't have the chance to save enough money to achieve this goal. I've not traveled anywhere this year and it's made me really jealous when I've seen everyone going abroad on holiday, but who knows maybe one day I'll achieve it with a bit of luck on my side. 
Accomplished? NOPE.

So....clearly my 'goals' for 2013 weren't that successful. I've said on this year's
that I don't expect to achieve ALL my goals for this year either, but I am determined 
to mark a few of the things off my list at least!

Did you stick to your 2013 resolutions?
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment & let me know what you thought of the post *insert cheesy grin* x