Friday, October 25, 2013

BOOKS - What I've Been Reading Lately.

Last year I set myself a little goal to read 15 books from October last year to October this year and I recently accomplished it! I know 15 books isn't many to some people, but I take ages to finish a book, either because I lose interest, the chapters are too long or I just don't have the time. So reading 15 books was a real accomplishment for me and I'm quite proud I stuck at it.

Here are the three books I finished most recently:


Looking for Alaska - John Green
Even though the storyline to this novel is pretty basic and there's not that many 'wow' moments in it, I really enjoyed it. I was hooked from the first few chapters and read the book within a week (which is good for me). I love the characters and how real they are and how easily it was to fall into their story and their lives. This isn't John Green's most famous novel, but I think this is definitely my favourite of the two I've read.

The Fault In Out Stars - John Green.
This is, as everyone will know, John Green's most popular and most talked about novel. I decided to read this after seeing countless posts on Tumblr about it and it got me intrigued. I set myself for a good cry after I'd read this book, but I was left feeling disappointed more than anything. Like Hazel in the book, I felt cheated out of a finish. I did like this book a lot, even though it pissed me off a lot, I just don't think it's as good as Looking for Alaska.

Struck By Lightning - Chris Colfer
The thing I love about this book is that it's written so well, it's as if you're reading an actual teenagers diary and I love that it's so easy to get into. The snarky comments and the quirky comebacks are really funny and will have you smiling to yourself, but I don't think it's a groundbreaking novel; the characters are typical for a high school novel and the story is pretty basic. I'm sure it's been done before, but as a fan of Chris Colfer, I must say he's done a good job at his first adult novel.

Other books that I have read - Perks of Being a Wallflower, Flash and Bones, Spider Bones, 206 Bones, Warm Bodies, The Lucky One, One Year Gone, Sisterhood Everlasting, Bobby Singer's Guide To Hunting, Carved In Flesh, Heat Wave, Safe Haven.

What have you been reading lately?
Laura x

1 comment:

  1. I've nominated you for the versatile blogger award :) http://samanthaw8.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/the-versatile-blogger-award.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...