Monday, 28 October 2013

REVIEW - Avon Clearskin Pore Penetrating Black Mineral Mask.

Face masks are always a lovely treat for the skin, aren't they? When my lazy arse can be bothered to use them, I usually just use the Superdrug home brand sachets, but I decided to branch out and I bought this out of the Avon book out of curiosity.
This is Avon's Clearskin Pore Penetrating Black Mineral Mask. I was attracted to this new mask at first because of its concept and the fact that it contains Salicylic Acid, which is the most effective spot fighting ingredient for my skin. As I read the decription, I became even more attracted to this as it says that it contains 'an oil absorbing blend of mineral clays that attracts & effectively remove pore clogging oil'. Being a member of the oily club this face mask sounded absolutely perfect.

One thing that is unique and quite quirky about this product is that it goes on black and as it dries it starts getting lighter and the product ends up light grey, which is an easy indicator of when it's time to wash it off. The instructions say to leave it on for 5-10 minutes which was the perfect time as after I had removed the mask my face felt slightly tight, but it felt really smooth and soft and the shine that was there before had disappeared. I've only used this once so I can't say whether it effects the appearance of spots or not, but I didn't break out after using it.

All in all, I really like this face mask. It's cheap (around £3), it's easy to use and it is effective at making my skin soft & smooth, which is what a face mask should do, really. As you can see it really soaks up the oil in the pores (excuse the grossness!), so definitely pop it on your Avon list next time they come around :)

Have you tried this product before? What d'you think?
Laura x

3 comments:

  1. I think I'll look into getting this, my skin is being a pain lately. Looks like it could be a cheaper alternative to the Origins charcoal mask too!
    http://lardygrub.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really nice! And definitely a cheaper version :)

      Delete
  2. Body care products are now almost essential to use due to increased usage of junk food. Junk food doesn't give our body required minerals and materials. Face Care Products made with natural ingredients are the safest and most referred ones.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment & let me know what you thought of the post *insert cheesy grin* x