Saturday, 14 September 2013

TAG - Autumn Edition.


Autumn is the time of the year that I find to be the perfect season. It hardly ever gets too warm and the cold nights begin to roll in, allowing me to get wrapped up like a cocoon in bed and watch movies until early in the morning, without being too uncomfortable and warm. It's also the time when big coats start coming out the wardrobe and everyone walks around all snuggled up in hats and scarves and no one (in their right mind) wears short shorts, so bonus! Autumn always leads the way for Winter and Christmas, my favourite time of the year, so this tag is perfect for me.

The tag was originally created by Georgina from Makeup-pixi3, but I got tagged by the lovely Char over at Charlotte Writes, so thank you, hun :) x

For Autumn, what is your...

1.  Favourite thing about it?
Besides the days getting colder and the nights getting shorter, I love Autumn clothing. I'm someone who doesn't like wearing skirts or shorts too often and Autumn leads the way for jeans and thick jumpers to be worn. I'm a big hat and scarf fan too, so all these lovely items start piling up on the back of my door waiting to be worn. And even though the weather is getting colder, it makes for lovely scenery too.

2.  Favourite drink? 
I'd love to be one of those people that has a festive favourite drink or a favourite Starbucks combination, but if I'm totally honest, it's only once in a while that I even have a hot chocolate. I'm not really into drinks or having special ones made for me. I usually stick to tea or pop.

3.  Favourite scent/candle?
I own three candles. None of which have ever been lit. But I do love having them for their scents and quite recently I've been obsessing over the selection of Yankee Candles in my local Asda. I love almost all of them -I can't think of the names- and I hope someone *cough* Alex *cough* gets the hint and buys me one :)

4.  Best lipstick? 
Not being a big lipstick fan, I only own a few, but I know that plums and reds become quite popular in the Autumn. I own one red lipstick 'Cherrylicious', so maybe that will come into play this season.

5.  Go to moisturiser?  
Right now, I'm just using Simple's Blemish Moisturiser, but when the weather starts getting colder my Re-Gen cream will be coming back out because I get terrible dry skin in the Winter and that kept me well-moisturised last year.

6.  Go to colours for the eyes? 
I'll have to agree with Char, I love neutral colour for Autumn, especially soft browns/reds and golds. Think fallen leaves.

7.  Favourite music or band/singer to listen to? 
Again, Char said it. My music taste pretty much stays the same until the beginning on December when the Christmas tunes start coming out :)

8.  Favourite outfit to wear (i.e. boots & a scarf combo)?
My go to outfit normally consists of a thick jumper with a long top underneath, a pair of jeans, a scarf/hat combo, a bag and my favourite 'maroon' Winter coat. Depending on the ground weather, also a pair of high tops or some boots.

9.  Autumn treat?
Well, my birthday is next week, so whatever I get then is my treat. Also, Galaxy Caramel, yummy :)

10.  Favourite place to be?
Home, definitely. Nothing beats getting snuggled in bed, with some treats and a good movie. Maybe, the boyfriend, too...if he'll watch Tangled with me :)

I would like to tag the lovely:




& that is my thoughts on this lovely season of the year. Now, for Winter to get here and then Santa Claus :D

What do you love about Autumn?
Laura x

4 comments:

  1. This is a fab tag. Love your honest answers :) Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! I've nominated you for the liebster award! http://thebeauty-journals.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/liebster-award-4.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment & let me know what you thought of the post *insert cheesy grin* x