Tuesday, 10 September 2013

REVIEW - Stila Jade Blossom Hair Refresher.

The local Pound shop has become my makeup accomplice as of late. Whenever I go in there I head straight towards the 'beauty' section to scope out any new products. Lately I've noticed that they have gotten in a few well known branded products, like Rimmel, Bourjois and, of course, Stila. I actually don't know much about the Stila brand, just that beauty bloggers regard it as having great products and so when I saw this little bottle from them I couldn't really say no.
This product from Stila is called Jade Blossom and it is a hair refresher. This retails on their website for $28, so it's way more of a bargain than I originally thought. When I first saw it and read what it was on the front, I assumed that I would open it and find a mini 'Batiste' like spray. But inside it was a bottle containing a talc-on like powder. Odd is the first word that came to mine.

The bottle/packaging is really simple and pretty looking, but it doesn't explain anything about the product. The only thing that it says is: 'For best results, squeeze a few powder 'poofs' of this gently fragranced, oil-absorbing powder near the scalp. Apply as needed, style as usual'. So....the packaging was a big let down for me straight away. 


This is the product, two little 'poofs' of it, in fact. Batiste dry shampoo is my go-to, so I wasn't really expecting much from this as it seemed messy and unnecessary. But I tried it out and was a little bit surprised. It did make my hair appear cleaner, but like Batiste, it also made me look prematurely grey and no matter how much I massaged it into my hair, I couldn't make the tint fade... 

So, I'm not sure about this product - I might use it in the future when my big can of Batiste runs out, but for now, it will sit in the back of my drawer.....

Have you tried this product before?
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment & let me know what you thought of the post *insert cheesy grin* x