Wednesday, September 18, 2013

REVIEW - Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo/Conditioner.

The products that I'm going to review today were actually bought by my mum, so I didn't spend money on them, but what's a mother-daughter relationship if there's no hand-me-downs?

Today's review is on Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner. Hair oils seem to have made the rounds this past year and when we saw these in Superdrug, we were curious to see how well a shampoo/conditioner would work as opposed to an oil. These were quite pricey at around £10 for the pair, which is pretty steep for a shampoo and conditioner.

They claim to 'penetrate the hair shaft' and 'restore shine and softness while helping to strengthen and create soft, seductive, silky perfection'. But did they work?

Well....meh, is my answer. I used these for about two weeks, which is about 5-6 washes, and I didn't see much change in my hair at all. It did feel a tad softer after I'd washed it, but I think that was just thanks to the conditioner. The shampoo seemed to make my hair really dry and knotted, so I made sure to slather my hair in the conditioner for a good 10 minutes and it made my hair feel amazing.

But even though the brand is called 'Organix' I did a little bit of research and found that they do actually use some chemicals in these products, which leaves the name to be a bit misleading. They don't use sulphates or parabens though, which I guess is a good thing as it won't strip the hair of its natural oils.

After the first few washes, I did decide to put the shampoo to the side and go back to the one I was using before and just use the conditioner and it's working out great. My hair feels soft, healthy and it smells amazing. (I don't know how to describe the smell of it, but it's gorgeous)

I wouldn't really recommend these as a pair, but the conditioner works wonders for my hair. We're all different though, so they both might work out for you. But for £10 it's really up to you whether you want to splash out on them, for me, I think I'll leave it with these two bottles.

Have you used these before? What did you think to them?
Laura x

6 comments:

  1. I can't stand organix shampoo they make my poor hair so knotty. Ihave a personal question you dont have to answer me if you don'twantto but how has pcos caused your hair to change? I've recently been diagnosed with it as well and I was just curious because I know its the reason behind my excessive hair in places it shoukdnt be and my acne. Ifyou want you could email me @ collegemakeupbudget@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the Macadamia oil version of this and it has worked wonders on my hair! I bleach my hair so its normally in really bad condition, but this stuff helps loads! My hair is always soft and shiny and just feels all around healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the Macadamia oil version of this and it has worked wonders on my hair! I bleach my hair so its normally in really bad condition, but this stuff helps loads! My hair is always soft and shiny and just feels all around healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing brand, I just wish their prices were too :/ x

      Delete
  4. I love argan oil products... but I have been using hair oils for over 5 years and I have to say all oils have worked the same for me... coconut, argan, moraccan, and all brands have works the same too! I have super dry, thick hair. PuraDorOil.Com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of them do the same job for me too, I can't think of one that's really stood out but they're all a lovely treat for the hair :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x