Saturday, September 21, 2013

REVIEW - Kleenex Shine Absorbing Oil Sheets

If you saw my 'mini beauty haul' post a few days ago you will have seen that I purchased a packet of Kleenex's Shine Absorbing Sheets. I'd been wanting to try out a 'shine absorbing' product for a while now, but when I found a similar product in Superdrug it kinda put me off buying it as they were priced at around £3-4 and I'm a cheap skate, so.....

Luckily for me though, I was just wandering the aisles in Home Bargains and found these little packets popped up on the shelf. When I saw them I was excited because I knew they wouldn't be expensive and I was right....these little packets were just 29 small pennies.
Kleenex say that these little sheets help to remove excess oil without disturbing your makeup. As a girl with an oily t-zone, I know that shine can be a pain in the arse when out and about during the day, so I thought that these would be perfect to pop into my bag and carry with me for a bit more confidence.

The product itself is pretty straightforward, there's no messing around with it, there's no powder involved, so there's literally no-messing-around, which beats carrying a powder compact. Inside the simple, cute while/yellow design cardboard box is 50 sheets of the blotting 'paper', which is basically just a two-sided sheet of...I wouldn't say paper as it's slightly thicker, I'd probably say they feel a bit like a paper towel in texture (what would you say?), one side of the 'paper towel' is plain purple which is used to 'blot' away the oil and the other side has a lovely floral pattern on it so that it can seem a little more attractive if you're caught dabbing away at your face in public! 

So....do they work?
Well, as you can see from the above picture, they definitely take off that oil! Disgusting, I know....but there it is. I've used these for about a week now and I don't know how I got by without them before. They are amazing. Gently pressing them onto my 'oily bits' (eew) removes the shine, but doesn't remove my makeup - which is perfect.

Saying all this though.....I'm not sure where they're available to buy anymore. I've checked online stores like Superdrug and Boots, but I can't find them. I'd suggest popping to your local Home Bargains and picking some up if you can though. 29p is definitely worth it :)
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x