Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Budget Bucket List Competition with Money Supermarket

I've seen several blog posts featuring everyone's Budget Bucket List and I wondered what this competition was all about, so I had a nosey, as you do, and thought that I would give it a go myself. Might as well get myself in the game, eh?

The Competition and The Rules
This competition is simple. All you have to do is write down two things from your bucket list; a budget item and an extravagant item. When you have wrote those two down explain why you want to do them, what is preventing you from doing them and what it would mean to you if you ticked off these items. Also tag three bloggers you think would be interested in entering the contest.

To let Money Supermarket know you have entered, you can tag them on Facebook or Twitter (the latter using the hashtag #budgetbucketlist) or email them at competitions@moneysupermarket.com with the subject "Budget Bucket List". For full details click here.

The competition ends on 2nd August 2013 and the winners will be chosen by Money Supermarket's Social Media Executive, Salome.

The Prizes
The prizes for this competition are amazing! If you're lucky enough to win first prize you will win.....wait for it....£1,000.00(!) and the four runners up will win £50.00. BUT if more than fifty people enter the competition, the first prize will be doubled to £2,000.00, what?!

Budget Item - To Go To The Harry Potter WB Studio Tour.
I've been a Harry Potter fan since I can remember and I absolutely love the books and movies! I've been wanting to go to the studio tour since it opened up to the public last year. It would be so cool to see the costumes, the props and the sets that the cast and crew worked on for years. It would literally make this almost 20 year old girl one happy bunny! The only thing keeping me from going to the tour, of course, is the issue of money. Even though the tour tickets aren't too expensive the trip down to London for the whole family would be and it's the only thing keeping me from hopping on a train down there. But I would absolutely love to visit the set, it looks magical.

Extravagant Item - To Go To New York (Concrete jungle where things are made of...)
New York, New York.......*sigh* Ever since I was little and saw Macauley Culkin running through the streets of New York, I've always had it in my mind to go there one day. I'd love to see the city lit up at night and the place a buzz during the day. I'd love to go to Rockfeller Centre, to the Statue of Liberty and to see a show on Broadway. I've been passionate about going to New York for years and even though I know I'll never get there, it's a nice thought to have. Money is always the problem for my family; we'd rather pay the bills and have food on the table instead of blow it on a holiday. But like I said, it's good to dream, right?

I tag:

What would you have on your list?
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...