Thursday, July 04, 2013

REVIEW | Rimmel's Match Perfection 010 Light Porcelain Foundation.

Hello lovelies!
Don't throw eggs at me, but this is yet another review of the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation! I know, I know, there's been so many bloggers posting about this, which is one of the reasons that I went out and bought it, if I'm honest. So, I blame you lot for this purchase :)
Rimmel say that this is a 'light reflecting radiance' foundation which gives a medium coverage and adapts well to your skin tone. 
The formulation is the typical liquid foundation, although I found this to be slightly watery in comparison to others, but it's good to apply with either brush or fingers. I don't think this foundation gives that good of a coverage, it promises a medium coverage but it's more of a light to medium coverage than anything else. One 'coat' gives coverage to very minor blemishes and marks, but I like to apply a thin second to cover my very obvious acne scars. Be careful with the second coat though as it can begin to look cakey after the first.

As someone with oily/combination skin, I didn't find this foundation to last very long. After only a few hours it seemed to start to fade on my face, especially around my nose, even after I'd primed and powdered. So, I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone with oily skin. This doesn't give off a matte finish either, so that might make the oiliness even worse, so stay clear.
I picked this up in shade 010 Light Porcelain, which I believe is the lightest shade in the collection and it suits my skin perfectly. I didn't take a picture of me wearing it on my face as I couldn't get a good enough angle, so I resorted to the dreaded hand swatch! But, the colour is perfect for my skin, so definitely go for this shade if you are quite pale like myself.

All in all, I was slightly disappointed with the foundation. It didn't give good coverage, it didn't last very long and it doesn't give me the natural look that I want. So, definitely not a product that I would repurchase. You can find this on the high street for around £5 - £6.

What did you think to this?
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x