Wednesday, June 12, 2013

REVIEW | HAIR | Les Karites Hair Mask.

Hello lovelies!
Y'know that my hair is horrible and dry with a multitude of split ends, right? I have mentioned it a few times before. So, when I saw this deep conditioning hair mask in Primark, obviously I wasn't going to just leave it there and for £1.50, it was a bargain. I've never heard of the Les Karites brand before, so I had a look on their website and they have got a lot of products.
The first thing you notice when you cut open the 75ml sachet is the smell, it is gorgeous! It contains shea butter, which I think is one of the nicest smells in the world. The consistency of this is a lot like custard.....weird comparison, I know, but it's definitely close. It does say on the packet that it is for dry and damaged hair, which are two categories my hair falls into, so I was expecting this to be amazing for my hair. 

The sachet, although quite small, had enough product for two separate treatments. My hair is quite long though, so people with shorter hair will definitely get a lot out of this packet, so it's well worth the £1.50 price tag. 

I've used this a couple of times, but I recently noticed that included in the ingredients is Hydrogen Peroxide, which I think is weird considering I've only seen it used in hair colourants, so I'm not really sure what to think of this, anyone know if it's bad for the hair?

Anyhoo, after I've washed my hair: I squeeze a blob out on my hand, run it through the mid lengths of my hair (concentrating on the ends) and leave it for 10 minutes whilst I'm showering. I then wash it off, style as normal and my hair feels lovely and soft afterwards. This conditioner really helps to detangle my hair after washing, too, which saves me using more products. 
So all in all, I really like this deep conditioner. The Hydrogen Peroxide thing kinda put me off a little bit, but it's definitely one of the best conditioners I've ever used.
Laura x

3 comments:

  1. I really like this blog post and thank for information about

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just bought this mask will be trying it out to night as a hair dresser my self the only reason I would think of the hydrogen peroxide is that it causes the cuticle of the hair to raised allowing the treatment is to the cortex of the hair it would most likely be extremely low levels and with the damness on the hair after washing will dilute the peroxide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the information! Now that I know it's safe, I might pick up another sachet :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x