Thursday, May 16, 2013

REVIEW | Mua's Matte Perfect Foundation.

Hello lovelies!
If you know anything about me by now, you should know that I am always on the look out for new products. Even if I'm satisfied with the ones that I'm using, I always feel like there could be something better out there. So when I was in Superdrug recently, I had a look on the MUA range and found a foundation that claimed to give you a nice matte finish. Me having oily skin an all, I thought I'd give it a go.
This is Mua's Matte Perfect Foundation, which is a new product from the Mua brand. It claims to give you shine control throughout the day and leave your skin with a nice matte finish. It comes in three different shades; Fair, Natural & Almond. As with all my foundations, I went with the lightest in the set, 'Fair' as there really wasn't much of a choice anyway.

I tested out Mua's BB cream in 'fair' on the back of my hand (I know, bad Laura!) and thought that it was a perfect match for my skin tone, so stupidly, I assumed that the Matte Perfect Foundation would be the same shade......How wrong was I? I was in a hurry and didn't bother to swatch it, but you'd think they were the same shade, yes? But this turned out to be way too orange for my skin tone. To say that it's the fairest colour, it's more of a beige than a 'fair' toned foundation.
The coverage of this isn't the best and it didn't blend properly for me either. I found the formula to be too thick and extremely hard to blend out. I didn't like this at all. It only cost me £2, so I'm not too bothered about it. But I'm definitely going to pick up the BB cream instead next time and make sure to test it out first.

Have you tried this out? What did you think?
Laura x

1 comment:

  1. great post and review dear! keep it up!

    mind if we follow each other! just inform me and 'ill follow you also. Join my giveaway too!

    http://iammajinboo.blogspot.com/
    http://iammajinboo.blogspot.com/2013/05/oasap-international-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...