Monday, May 06, 2013

REVIEW | DermaV10's Q10 Eye Cream.

Hello lovelies!
A few months ago, my mum gave me an eye cream that she didn't really like; she felt that it wasn't doing anything for her and that it might work better for me having quite young skin. Her advice for me has always been to 'start early' and take care of my skin, so occasionally she'll pass on a new cream to me, which I can't really moan about, can I? 
Free stuff? Yes please :)
This is DermaV10's Q10 Eye Cream. As you can see from the packaging, the cream says that it is designed to: Restore skin elasticity & visibly reduce fine line wrinkles. It helps to refresh and protect the delicate eye area, which is usually where the first signs of ageing begin to creep through. This eye cream contains a whole load of ingredients, which are all brilliant for the skin, too.

Carnitine - this helps to remove the old skin cells and regenerate new skin cells around the eye area. It also provides extra moisture to keep the skin hydrated.

Co-enzyme Q10 - this is actually a part of all the cells within our bodies (I didn't know that!) and as we age, they slowly start to decrease. Co-enzyme Q10 is a strong anti-oxidant which helps to energise and stimulate the skins ability to fight back wrinkles, keeping the eyes looking young.

Olive Oil - this has been a beauty favourite for thousands of years, even the Egyptians and Romans are said to have used it to keep their skin looking great (y'know, since DermaV10 wasn't around back then). Olive Oil helps to give us smooth & radiant skin, whilst helping to maintain the skins elasticity.

Vitamin E - we all know vitamins are good for the skin and Vitamin E is amazing! It is known to be a very powerful anti-oxidant and helps to fight off any damage caused by free radicals. It's also a great aid in improving the skins texture.

& finally:
Ceramides - this helps to renew the skins protective layer and keeps the skin from losing its moisture.

So, it's safe to say that this cream is going to give you nothing but goodness for your skin and as it is suitable for all skin types, you don't have to worry about it be too oily/drying on your skin.

I've been using this for a few months now and it's a really lovely cream. It's consistency is a lot thinner than most eye creams I've used and I think that's the reason that it goes on so smoothly and sinks into the skin without any issues. It definitely gives my eyes a bit of refreshment after a long day. I can't say I've noticed any difference in my 'fine' lines as I can barely see them anyway, but that's a good thing, right?

So, if you're looking for a cheap alternative to a high end cream, this is definitely worth checking out and for less than £2 from Home Bargains, you can't really moan about the pricing!

Laura x
This eye cream is also paraben free and not tested on animals, bonus!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really great eye-cream! The only one I've ever used is from Superdrug's Vitamin E range, which I'm quite fond of. I might have to give this a try for that bargain price though :)

    Mollie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice :)
      I tried the Superdrug Vitamin E one, but I didn't really like it. It felt a bit too drying for me x

      Delete
  2. Wow what a bargain. I use a Nivea one at the moment but I might check this one out when it finishes.
    Roxy's Box of Tricks  

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x