Thursday, 23 May 2013

REVIEW | Chit Chat Gel Eyeliner

Hello lovelies!
Although I like to pretend I'm a dab hand when it comes to drawing and being artistic, I quite literally suck at applying any form of eyeliner to my face. I don't know what it is, but I just can't do it....*cries*....but whilst on a recent trip into Poundland (yes, I know I am in there a lot, I'm on a budget, 'memba?) I saw a gel eyeliner by Chit Chat hung up in a little plastic packet and decided to give eyeliners another shot.
Chit Chat is Poundland's own make-up brand, yeah I know, I didn't know that either. They launched it a few years back to try and persuade us ladies to stop splurging out hundreds of pounds on make-up and convert to their £1-a-product make-up brand.

I've bought several products from Poundland's own brand and if I'm honest I've not been too excited by them. They're foundation especially was a major fail, it made me wonder if they even knew anything about make-up. But whenever I pop in I always have a look for new products and when I saw this gel eyeliner I thought I'd give it a go.

This is, supposedly, a jet black gel liner which comes packaged inside a little screw lidded plastic pot with a small angled brush. As you can see it does look quite cheap, but looks can be deceiving, but does it do the job? 
What do you think? I personally think it has a slight purple tinge to it, but it looks quite good. I found this really easy to apply and the little angled brush came handy when applying it evenly. It did get a bit messy though, which was annoying, but I found it to be a really nice product. Like I said before, I suck at applying eyeliner, so I'm probably not doing this product justice, but I'd definitely say go and try it for yourself.

Have you tried this out? What's your favourite eyeliner?
Laura x

6 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous! Way to go Poundland on this one aha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice to say it's Poundland's :) x

      Delete
  2. I feel your pain with the "sucking at doing eyeliner" problem, its just impossible for me!!

    This looks like quite a good product to say its so cheap though, good find :)

    Laura's All Made Up ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice eyeliner, just a shame I suck at it x

      Delete
  3. I have this sat on my shelf waiting to be used as was unsure how it would turn out. Think I may have to try sooner than later though as it looks quite good from your pictures :)

    Hannah xx Squidoodles & Oodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. If you can apply eyeliner with no problems then it will be a great product for you to try out :)

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment & let me know what you thought of the post *insert cheesy grin* x