Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Laura Watches Movies #2

I've gotten into a habit lately of finding and watching movies online. Usually I go out and buy a film if it's cheap and I've fancied watching it for a while, but this is saving me a lot of money, so I'm quite happy about that. I've also found some films that I've really enjoyed. So it's saved money and given me more movies to obsess over. Here are the ones I've watched recently:

I'm not ashamed to say that I watched Hannah Montana when I was younger and listened to Miley's music in the past. I've loosely followed her career since I was little, so when I saw this movie I thought, 'Meh, why not?' 
This movie revolves around Mollie, who is a teenage private eye whose main job is to photograph cheating partners. Whilst working a PI case, she is approached by the FBI to help them out on a case, reluctantly she agrees and goes undercover at a fraternity house.
Like I said I've followed Miley's career for years and think that her recent movies have been good, but not what probably would've been expected from her. Never the less, I really enjoyed this movie. It was funny, well written and had some good one liners in it. 'You have amazing balls'
Also starring Glee's Kurt Hummel's father, Mike O'Malley, Mr Selfridge himself, Jeremy Piven and Kelly Osbourne.

I've wanted to see this film since it came out. I'm not usually one for animated films, but I'm really starting to favour them over 'real' films lately. 
Tangled, for the few who don't know, is the story of Rapunzel, the girl with the loooooong magic hair. In this movie, she gets kidnapped as a baby and hidden away for 18 years in a tower, so that her 'mother' can stay looking & feeling young forever. After years of hoping and wanting, she bribes a criminal in the form of Flynn Ryder, to take her to see the mysterious lights that she sees every year on her birthday.
I loved this movie. I'm not one for musicals, but I'll let the few songs in this slide because I love it so much. Disney did a really good job with this movie, the graphics are amazing, it's funny, it has a lot of slapstick comedy in it and it's also got a lot of heart. Definitely my favourite Disney movie by far.


I didn't really intend on watching this film because it looked depressing, but after seeing tons of gifs of it on Tumblr I thought I would give it a watch to see why it was so highly thought of by my fellow tumblr followers.
This is the story of Craig, a clinically depressed teenager who 'accidentally' checks himself into a psychiatric ward, where he meets many different characters that help him to  come to terms with his problems and his life.
Surprisingly, I liked this film. Unlike most movies today, this isn't something that I think has been done before, I mean it might have, but this is the first time really seeing a movie that isn't begging for you to like it, it was just giving you a story and allowing you to see it how you wanted to. It has some funny moments in it, which helps break up the rather depressing plot, it also has some really amazing characters in it, one in the form of the amazing Zach Galifianakis' Bobby.
I'd definitely say check it out if you have a chance.

So, that's my second post regarding movies. What do you think? Good feature or bad feature? Have you seen any of these? Would you recommend any to me?
Laura x

2 comments:

  1. I always prefer to watch movies online, I have spent so much money on movies I thought I would love but really didn't :/

    Ash xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, my room is so cramped because of the dvds I've bought. I'm so glad I've found a place I can save my pennies whilst watching movies :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x