Thursday, April 11, 2013

Hair Treatments: Which would you recommend?

Hello lovelies!
As of late I have started getting bored of my hair care routine. Don't get me wrong, the products that I am using right now are working really well on my hair, but I'm itching to try something new (like always!).
I'm not too interested in getting a new shampoo or conditioner though as my Dove ones are working just fine, but if you have any recommendations let me know. As for a deep conditioner, I'm on the look out for something that will give my hair a lot of moisture and help get rid of its straw like feel. I've been using TRESemme's Reconstruction Deep Conditioner and I loooove it, but I'm wanting something new to try, just to mix it up a bit. 

I had a look on Superdrug's website (beauty card points!) and came across a few products that I could afford and have got some great reviews, they are also for dry/damaged hair like my own:
Superdrug's Coconut & Sweet Almond Intensive Conditioner: This claims to intensely condition dry and damaged hair whilst giving the hair some added boost and shine. 99p for 375ml.

Superdrug's Coconut Oil: You can use this oil on your dry/damaged hair along with on your skin and your face (amazing!). Definitely not something I've come across before. £1.50 for 125ml.

TRESemme's Thermal Recovery: This is an intensive repair and rehydration treatment for dried out and damaged hair. It claims to lock in moisture and restore hair's strength and shine. £2.69 for 500ml.

These are just the ones that I could find within my budget range and that sound good from the reviews. If you've used any of these three products, which would you recommend for me? Which one has worked best for you? If you are using one currently and would recommend it, 
let me know!

Laura x

11 comments:

  1. I use coconut oil as an overnight hair mask and its good considering its cheap xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people have said coconut oil, I think I'll definitely end up picking up the coconut oil anyway :) x

      Delete
  2. I use the coconut oil and I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used the Tresemme Thermal Recovery and I adore it so much, and if you're someone like me who washes their hair everyday you'll be happy to know that when I use this in the morning, the morning after (even after a full days worth of humidity, rain and sleep) my hair feels so clean and fresh sometimes I don't wash it again! I've reviewed this product on my blog if you want to have a more indepth read :) www.glipho.com/chloelouisecope. I'm interested in trying the coconut oil now though so if you chose that one you'll have to let us all know how you get on :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S - Sorry for my lengthy essay comment aha! xxxx

      Delete
    2. Haha, no problem, I love reading comments :)

      I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week, but it does get a bit oily after a day or so, so I just used some dry shampoo.

      If the TRESemme one is as good as you say, I think I'll pick that up too, can't really hurt to try out a few more products :) Xx

      Delete
    3. Ah I see, I honestly found that the TRESemme one worked wonders and it gave me an additional 20 minutes in bed because I could skip a wash, which is probably healthier for your hair anyway.. :D but yeah, Asda sell it cheapest though, £3 I think it is :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I wouldn't recommend the coconut and sweet almond one - I tried the shampoo a year or two back and my hair felt so dry (kind of like when it's just been dyed, if you know what I mean?). I've never tried the mask but I can't imagine it's much better.

    I LOVE the TRESemme one though. I've a few and all of them have done wonders for my hair. :)

    Maxine, xx
    beautybeatsbooks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit iffy on that coconut and sweet almond one too...I think I'm just going to go with the coconut one and the TRESemme, see which ones work best for me :) x

      Delete
  5. I've only used the coconut oil from the three products you mentioned, but I would say I would only get the coconut oil either to use on the ends of your hair as a leave in treatment then to wash out or it's also amazing to use after shaving legs to make sure they are not extremely dry after you get out the shower after shaving. However, do not use the coconut oil on your face because it's so greasy that it broke me out with a few spots and I'm glad I knew exactly what broke me out and it was exactly that, so despite what it says on the product description that it's best for skin, do NOT use it on your face, that's at least what I would recommend...

    Please visit my blog and follow if you find the time!

    http://raisingbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I don't think I would have used it on my face anyway, I love my skin care regime right now, but it sounds good for the skin/hair :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x