Monday, March 04, 2013

REVIEW | Primark's Saint or Sinner Eye Shadow Palette.

Hello lovelies!
I know, I know! I haven't posted in a few days, I'm a bad blogger! I thought i'd take a little break from blogging to get some ideas flowing in the old noggin....but, sadly, that didn't work. On my time off from the blog-o-sphere, I had a rummage around my bedroom and came across an eye shadow palette that I bought from Primark a few months ago. It's a lovely little palette and the best bit was that it cost me a whole £2, bargain! So, this gave me a push to write a new post and here we are with said post :)
The palette comes in a little sturdy cardboard box that has lift up lid and an extremely cute polka dot decoration inside and a lovely grunge cover. The eyeshadows are set in a flimsy plastic casing that sits inside the box and can be easily taken out, which, if i'm honest, was the reason I bought this palette. I thought that the box would come in handy as a jewellery box once my shadows have been used up, so win win!
Top: Vanilla - Bamboo - Dusk - Cosmo - Curfew
Bottom: Galaxy - Matted - Rockstar - Charcoal - Emerald
What I also loved about this was that the eye shadows all have their own name. Most brands, especially high street brands, don't give their eye shadows names, but this little cheap palette has been given that extra perk which I think is a really nice touch.
As you can see the colours are all gorgeous. Whilst some of them have a slight shimmer the others have a nice matte finish, which is perfect for someone like me who isn't a fan of the shimmer shimmer shadows. One thing that disappointed me was that they aren't as pigmented as I would have wanted, I had to swatch them a couple times on my arm before it built up a nice colour, but this isn't something that i'll whine about because it was only £2 after all. Still a bargain on my eyes.

I haven't tested their staying power yet though, I intend to do that sometime soon when I can be bothered to apply eye shadows. (I'm being extremely lazy lately!) So I will let you know when I've updated this post :)

What do you think? Do you like Primark's make-up?
Laura x

9 comments:

  1. For £2 this looks amazing! Even if you have to layer the shadow up a little it's a great deal! Might check this out if it's still about.
    Abby xx

    http://aspotofglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bargain buys that work out to be really good!
    The colours are lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Makes me happy and my purse, so win win :) x

      Delete
  3. I have never tried any Primark make-up but this is a total bargain! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, Primark are really good for cheap little sets like this x

      Delete
  4. Hey, i've nominated you for the Liesbter award :) the rules are on my profile xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love 'cosmo' and 'galaxy'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x