Friday, March 08, 2013

Laura Watches RomComs.

Lately I have been really getting into watching rom-coms (or romantic comedies), I've been a fan of them for years, but this past few weeks I have been watching quite a few of them. So, I thought i'd post a few of my favourite here, in case some of you lovelies are fans like me.

Friends With Benefits
Justin Timberlake, Mila Kunis, Woody Harrelson.
Friends With Benefits stars Justin Timberlake as Dylan, a magazine editor and Mila Kunis as Jamie, a NY head hunter. When Jamie offers Dylan a new job in New York, he ups and leaves LA to join GQ magazine, where he and Jamie quickly become friends. Not too long after they become 'friends with benefits' and do all they can to avoid old Hollywood cliches.
I really enjoyed this film. I've been wanting to see if for a few years now, so when I saw it in Home Bargains for £2.99, I had to buy it. I've never seen Justin Timberlake act, unless you count his appearance in 'Model Behaviour', so I was interested to see him transition from singer to actor and I wasn't disappointed. He did a really good job and Mila Kunis is just flawless as always with her performance in this film. I wouldn't say there was all that much comedy in this film, but I liked it anyways, it's a good film for a night in. 7/10
Watch it: here.

No Strings Attached
Ashton Kutcher. Natalie Portman. Kevin Kline.
After meeting at Summer camp 15 years ago, Emma and Adam occasionally bump into each other through the years. When Adam finds that his father has been sleeping with his ex girlfriend, he decides to call every girl he knows and ends up waking up naked on Emma's couch. After a quick encounter together, they agree to a No Strings Attached relationship.
I wanted to see this because it was along the lines of Friends With Benefits, which I really enjoyed watching, so I ~borrowed~ this from my boyfriend's family. I want to describe this film as a 'realer' version of love, I don't quite know why, but it is a lot rawer than FWB. I thought that this film had some nice laughs in it and also some teary moments, so I was quite surprised. Ashton and Natalie have great chemistry and I enjoyed seeing it unfold in the story. 7/10
Watch it: here.

The Proposal
Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds, Betty White.
When Margaret is on the verge of deportation back to Canada, she hatches a plan to get her over worked assistant, Andrew, to marry her. After some persuasion and a promise of a promotion, Andrew agrees. But on their tails is a suspicious INS agent, who doesn't believe that their love is true. So to try and get him of their path, Margaret goes along with Andrew to his home town in Sitka, Alaska where his mum, dad and grams awaits.
I've always been a fan of both Ryan and Sandra, so when they did this film together I knew I wanted to see it. As always Sandra Bullock pulls of both a dramatic and comedic performance as Margaret and really gets the audience on her side throughout the movie. Ryan Reynolds also brings his comedy past (Two Guys and a Girl, anyone?) into play in this movie and they bounce off of each other brilliantly. This movie has got several scenes that will have you peeing yourself. It's a great film if you're wanting a good laugh (and maybe a little cry). 7/10
Watch it: here.

The First Time
Britt Robertson, Dylan O' Brien, Victoria Justice.
Dave has been pining for a girl he can't seem to get and Aubrey is in a relationship with a guy that doesn't quite get her. So when Dave and Aubrey meet in the alley of a high school party, they soon become friends and over the course of one weekend end up falling for each other.
I only just watched this last night and I chose to watch it because of Britt Robertson. I've been a fan of hers since Life Unexpected, so it was intriguing to see how she'd transition to a movie. I think that this movie is rather an accurate portrayal of a teen romance these days. It definitely brought back some memories of my own. It's really well acted movie and the story, although a little too rushed, is well written. Britt and Dylan have great on screen chemistry and made the story really believable. Also, the soundtrack of this film is amazing! Definitely check it out if you're looking for something to watch tonight. 6/10
Watch it: here.

Which ones would you recommend for me?

4 comments:

  1. Friends with benefits is one my favourite films ever!! It's hilarious and I love Mila Kunis! <3

    Lexii<3

    http://beautybyalexia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing timing for this blog! I have watched all of these except The First Time and was just thinking about watching a film tonight but posed the question of what to watch. I will definitely be giving this a watch as am a great lover of Rom Coms :)

    squidoodles92.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure i'd class The First Time as a rom-com, but that's what category it is put into on the website. I hope you enjoy :] x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...