Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Beauty & Style Secrets from The Olsen Twins.

Hello lovelies!
Today, whilst sorting out my room for the umpteenth time, I came across two books that I credit for me learning most of what I know about beauty. The books in question are entitled 'Style Secrets' and 'Beauty Secrets' and are by....Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen. 
I got these books when I was about 12 (after begging for them) (don't judge me) as the Olsen twins were a big part of my childhood. These books are mostly aimed at pre-teen/teen girls and can be a little bit corny at times, but they really are quite educational when it comes to knowing about skin care routines and make-up, they also helped me to pick out better clothing choices. 



The Style Secrets book features a lot of different tips for picking out clothing. It offers tips on picking out clothing to suit your body shape and choosing colours that will match your skin tone!
As the books are roughly 160 pages long (mostly tips/information, also pictures of the Olsens), I couldn't really take a picture of all the pages inside the books, so here's what you can expect to find inside of the books:
The beauty secrets book was the kick start of my skin care routine. Before I got this book I didn't realise the effort that went into keeping skin looking so good or how to pick products that were best suited for my skin type, so I can thank this book for that!
The Beauty Secrets book features tips on picking out skin care to suit your own skin type, tips on keeping your skin safe in the sun, tips on picking out make-up to suit your skin tone, tips on taking care of your hair and lots more!
I really love these books. They've helped me a lot over the years and I wouldn't know what I know now without having begged for them all those years ago, they're amazing.

Lucky for you guys you can pick these up for about £3 - £4 each on Amazon :)
Have you read these books? What are your go to books for style/beauty help?
Laura x

5 comments:

  1. I USED TO BLOODY LOVE MARY KATE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I was obsessed with them. Not so much now though, they really put me off with their fur coats :/

      Delete
  2. Oh wow!! Mary Kate & Ashley .. a flash back to my childhood there!!

    Lola @ Haus of Lola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know, me too! Their films are completely corny now, but I still watch them now and again :) x

      Delete
  3. Hi just found your blog! This is so so cute! I absolutely adored the Olsen Twins when I was younger, I literally wanted to be a third twin haha. I always used to watch their TV series and films - my favourite was 'Switching Goals' on video, aw! Great post, this really made me smile and remember some lovely memories haha.

    If you have a minute, come take a look at my blog? If you enjoy it, maybe we could follow each other? Lucy x

    www.behind-clothes-doors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...