Wednesday, February 27, 2013

TAG: Confessions Of A Blogger.


Hello lovelies!
During my afternoon browse of you guys' new blog posts, I came across a new tag entitled 'Confessions Of A Blogger'. As I currently have no posts scheduled I thought i'd give it a go :)
When did you start your blog?
I started Pale Girl Reviews in August of last year. The idea of me actually starting a blog was in my mind for several weeks before that, but I finally took the plunge in August.

Have you had any past online presence before (Other blog, YouTube)?
Well, PGR was originally set up on Tumblr where I posted reviews and reblogged make-up related posts, but I really didn't like the limited personal touch that could be done to it. As you can see from my blog, I really like to put my stamp on things, but with Tumblr, I couldn't. That's why I came over to Blogger.

Why did you start a blog?
I was inspired mostly by BubzBeauty. I love her videos and the posts that she makes on her blog, they're amazing and she's adorable! I suppose from watching her videos and reading her blog that it made me want to start one for myself and make my own little corner in the blogging community. Nothing more than that, really.

When did you become serious about starting a blog?
I've never been 'serious' about blogging. It's just something that I like doing. If I took it too seriously I'd probably get bored of it and stop, keeping it as a hobby keeps me interested.

What was your first post?
Besides my 'welcome to my blog post', my first review was for Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse (here), I was obsessed with this foundation when I first bought it, but the price was a little steep, so I haven't used it for a year now. I think i'll have to repurchase it soon.



What has been your biggest challenge about blogging?
Putting my face on my blog was a big challenge for me. I'm not the most confident person in the world or the blogging community, so putting pictures of my bare face on my blog was a bit of a challenge for me.

Where do you see your blog in one year?
I have no idea. I might not even be blogging a year from now, a lot can happen, but I'd hope that I would still be posting. Hopefully my posts and content will grow and my blog will develop a lot more. I really don't know, but here's to hoping Pale Girl Reviews is still going strong a year from now, eh?

What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?
Getting fellow bloggers complimenting my posts. I know I'm not the best writer in the world and my posts can just be a load of rubbish at times, but having people who I admire saying that my blog's good is really nice and rewarding for me.

What is the most discouraging thing that happens to you?
Seeing blogs that hardly get any new posts put on them doing better than blogs that post everyday. A lot of the girls I know blog everyday and post amazing content, yet other blogs get the recognition, it's just extremely annoying.

What's your lasting inspiration or motivation?
Fellow bloggers. Their support for each others blogs is amazing. I love reading their blogs, getting inspiration from them. Like I said before getting lovely comments on my posts are really good motivation because it shows you that people are actually reading what you're putting the time in to write. It's great.

If you decide to do this tag, let me know, I'd love to read your answers :)
Laura x

5 comments:

  1. Hi Laura!

    I love this tag, definitely putting this in my drafts for a later date to do :)

    I really like how you've done your the image for this post, so cute!

    I'm glad you came over to blogger from tumblr, and I think you've done a really fantastic job in such a short time, and you've certainly put your stamp on your blog... you're layout and posts are always really colourful and eyecatching.

    Keep up the good work :D

    Laura xx
    www.laurasallmadeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Laura. This really made me smile <3

      Delete
  2. i want to do this tag now!
    you are such a lovely person.

    BreezeyBee Blog
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm gonna tag myself and also do this post! :) I enjoyed reading it and you have a lovely blog layout!

    ninikat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x