Friday, February 15, 2013

Step Away From The Straighteners!

Hello lovelies!
This is going to be quite a boring post, but I wanted to post it anyway for my own upkeep!

So, the point to this lovingly wrote, extremely boring post is that I have started the 'no heat' challenge for my hair, hoorah! I noticed a couple weeks ago that my it was looking frazzled and the ends were, to put it bluntly, shit. Split ends were everywhere and it felt a lot like what I imagine a straw/wire hybrid would feel like. 

So, I decided to pull my hands away from the hair dryer and the hair straighteners and let my hair dry......*gasp*......naturally. I haven't let my hair dry naturally for absolutely ages because it goes very flat, very frizzy and very greasy quickly. Not good.

I put the hair dryer down about two weeks ago and this is my hair now:
I have been letting my hair dry naturally in plaits overnight, hoping that the curls would give me a bit of volume and give my hair a bit of life. Luckily, the curls turned out okay.

I'm going to use my blog to keep check on the status of my hair and see if leaving the straighteners on the side will actually make my hair a bit healthier. I'm planning on buying some vitamins that are good for hair, so any recommendations would be brill! I'm currently taking Tesco's Multivitamin + Iron tablets...not sure if they're doing anything though.

I did warn you it was a boring post, but thank you for reading!
Laura x

10 comments:

  1. Have you ever used a hair mask? I find that they work miracles for me and my mum - and my mum's been dying her hair since she was 15. Also, Aussie is fabulous and saves my hair when it starts to shred at the ends. Your hair does just look lovely naturally though!
    Mia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Yeah, i've tried a couple, but they seem to make my hair greasy. I'm going to pop to Asda later (& hopefully pick up a few books), so i'll have a look for one then :) x

      Delete
  2. i noticed my hair going all frazzled and shitty near the ends on one side, so i used some aussie products on them and its slowly healing my hair!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Aussie products because they smell gorgeous! But they don't really do much for my hair. I do use their leave in conditioner though, it's lovely :) x

      Delete
  3. Try some hot oil products after washing they tend to make my hair all soft. Primark do one for about £2 at their tills :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use an Argan Oil that I got from Home Bargains and it's really nice, but it does make my hair look a bit greasy. I'll have to pick one up, thanks hun :) x

      Delete
  4. Hello :) you need B vitamins for your hair! you also need to drink plenty of water when you take those or they'll make you break out. I found that using natural shampoos like the ones from Naked Bodycare really helped as they didn't weigh down my hair and encouraged the natural curl in my hair, perhaps something you want to do yourself? :) if you reaaaally can't go without heat you should invest in the Kerastase deep conditioner (ask me on twitter if you want to know more!) as that protects your hair and conditions it by using heat from straighteners etc :)

    YOU CAN DO IT!

    Danniella
    www.beautyinjapan.tumblr.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hun! I take Multivitamins which have a few B vitamins in them, I don't know it they're the right ones for my hair though... x

      Delete
  5. Your hair looks ever so pretty :) I don't think I could step away from my hair dryer my hair is terrible when it drys naturally :c

    Elle xxx
    http://ellelouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks hun! Mine usually dries awful, but thank god for bobby pins! :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...