Thursday, February 07, 2013

REVIEW | Lush's Bubble Bar Wand.

Hello lovelies!
Today's post features something that I think every beauty blogger has owned or has heard of. Of course, I am talking about Lush's 'Magic Wand Bubble Bar'! You know the one (no, not BOGOF) it's a lovely sweet smelling star shaped bubble bar that comes as a little fairy wand. It even has it's own bell, which is a lovely added feature to this product. As you may know, this is the solid version of Lush's 'Snow Fairy' shower gel, which I didn't purchase as it was just too sweet for my senses to handle. Instead I asked my lovely boyfriend for the wand for Christmas and he listened, yay boyfriend :)
This bubble bar is really cute AND.....it's reusable (whoo!), so you're getting a lot more for your money than you would by purchasing a one time bath bomb. This product, along with the Snow Fairy shower gel, was a limited edition item and is no longer available in the Lush stores right now. (It'll be back in for Christmas!) Whilst looking up the bubble wand, I found a shop on ebay that sells Lush products and this wand is one of them, so pop over to their page (here) for a look if you're interested in purchasing this wand now.
To use the wand it is pretty simple and a teensy bit messy. All you have to do is fill your tub and swirl the wand around in the hot water until it dissolves a little of the bar into the water and voila! you have a sweet smelling bath, bubbles and a nice pink tinted water. It's really pretty too :)
On first use I got a couple of bubbles, not enough to annoy me and mess up my just cleaned hair, but not too few to diss the 'bubble bar wand' and say it's not actually a 'bubble bar'. It's a brilliant idea and really well thought out.  The only thing I hated was the aftermath of the fun bubble making session because the bubble bar got really soft and a little crumbly. Not crumbly enough for it to fall off the 'wand', it remained intact thankfully, but I had to place it on the side of the sink to dry up before it went everywhere. Other than that, I love this product. It's really cute, it has a bell(!), it turns water pink and it smells gorgeous! 

Did/do you own the bubble wand? What do you think of it?
Laura x

6 comments:

  1. I loved the idea of this! But the smell was so strong!!
    Great post though!
    - Andrea xx

    frominsidemycloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! It is a bit strong for me, too, but it's a nice bathroom air freshener when i'm not using it :) x

      Delete
  2. I love this so much, it smells so gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this before and absolutely loved it!

    http://conceptofbudd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sooo good! I still have some left and I got it at Christmas :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...