Friday, 22 February 2013

REVIEW | Dove's Firming Nourishing Body Lotion

Hello lovelies!
Being a big girl comes with lots of annoying body issues, which sadly for me includes bad cellulite on my thighs and my butt. It's not something I like to just spring out and talk about, but this is a review and I want to be honest. 
My goal for the Spring/Summer is to start wearing dresses and skirts and to be able to do that comfortably, I really want to get rid of the awful cellulite on my legs. So, whilst browsing the beauty section in Home Bargains I came across a product by Dove and since Dove is a brand that I absolutely adore, I bought it to try out. I don't really believe that creams can make a massive difference to skin, but I like to give things a go.
 
The product in question is Dove's Firming Nourishing Body Lotion. I bought this mainly because Dove products are something that I can always count on to be kind to my skin and give it great nourishment. I picked this body lotion up for the promise that it would help to improve my skin elasticity and give me smoother skin, it also promises a toning effect, which my skin could do with a lot of.
The cream itself is lovely. It's non greasy and soaks up fairly quickly into the skin, which is brilliant because I don't like spending hours waiting to get dressed after a bath. I've been applying this on and off for a couple of weeks now and I can honestly say it really does leave the skin feeling lovely and soft. I can't say i've seen much difference in the cellulite on my thighs though, but like I say, I haven't been using it as I probably should. So I'm going to start doing it properly and then i'll put a follow up on here. 
I love Dove products, so i'd definitely say pick this up if you're looking for a new body lotion, it is lovely! I got it from Home Bargains for £2 or £3, which is a lot cheaper than most on the market.

On another note: If this doesn't serve it's purpose and help the cellulite fade, what product would you recommend? Something at a reasonable price is possible, I am a pauper :)
Laura x

5 comments:

  1. I love Dove products :) I've heard Soap & Glory do a few 'firming creams'.. I know they do one called 'Sit Tight'!

    whatmollyloves.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a nosey at the Soap & Glory ones, but i'm a bit unsure whether to buy one, with the prices being what they are...I might give the Sit Tight one a go when I get some extra pennies :) x

      Delete
  2. oooh this looks really good, I love dove so much- it's the only brand I can really trust to be kind to skin!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it's definitely a brand i'm going to keep buying from. Just a shame they don't have a make-up range! x

      Delete
  3. Have you started using it properly? And have there been any improvements? Such as cellulite disappeared or firming?
    -Carla
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment & let me know what you thought of the post *insert cheesy grin* x