Monday, February 18, 2013

REVIEW | Catrice Cosmetics San Francisco Collection Palette

Hello lovelies!
When my friend, Fran, from Germany chooses to send me some lovely new makeup products, I can't tell you how excited I get to try them out. I love trying out new brands and Fran sends me some that I've never heard of before, so that makes it even better. The product that I got send at Christmas was a lovely palette by a brand called Catice Cosmetics and it is their 'The San Francisco Collection' Eye & Cheek Palette.
The first thing that impressed me about this palette was the packaging. The palette comes inside a sturdy cardboard box that closes with a little magnet and the cover has a gorgeous print of the San Francisco skyline and the famous Golden Gate Bridge, which, honestly, would have definitely drawn me towards it on a store shelf!
Underneath the lid hides six gorgeous eyeshadows, two blushers, a miniature kohl eyeliner and a double ended eyeshadow applicator.

I love brands that put that extra effort into their products by giving them all names and this company have done a fab job at doing that with this palette. All of the eyeshadows and blushers are named after landmarks that come from the city of which it is named: 
San Francisco. 
The two blushers inside the palette are called: Golden Gate Bridge & Cable Car.
They are both gorgeous colours. They are well pigmented and leave a really nice glow on the cheeks. I'd definitely say these colours are flattering for all skin tones as they are really buildable, if you have a paler skin tone then just a swipe would be enough, if you have a darker skin tone then a couple of swipes would give you a lovely finish! I prefer the Cable Car over the GGB blusher, simply because the colour suits my skin a lot better.
The eyeshadows from top to bottom: Fisherman's Wharf, Lombard Street, Alcatraz, Transamerica Pyramid, Coit Tower and SFMOMA (San Francisco Museum of Modern Art).

All the colours are really well pigmented and go on fab. The eyeshadows have a really nice shimmer to them except the Transamerica Pyramid, which has quite a matte finish to it. While the first three have a metallic finish the end three are really neutral and nice for creating an everyday look. They all blend really nicely, which makes it easy to create different looks with the collection, I especially love the smokey eye that can be created with them.
All the colours have a fair bit of staying power when applied on a nice base, without a base they last a couple of hours and then fading starts to kick in, so definitely apply a primer before hand for that extra staying power.

Also included is a little khol eyeliner which is really nice to apply. It's quite creamy and as I love a more relaxed look for my eyes, the creaminess enables me to smudge it out easy and give me a lovely soft looking eye.

All in all, I'd say that this is an amazing palette. I'm not sure how much this is to buy, but definitely check out their website here.

I hope you enjoyed my review! Have you tried any Caprice Cosmetics before?
Laura x

2 comments:

  1. Never herd of this brand before, but this palette looks very nice! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither had I! It's a fab palette, hopefully i'll find somewhere that ships to the UK :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x