Thursday, February 21, 2013

Book List #1

Hello lovelies!
A bit of a different post today. At the beginning of the year I decided to make reading one of my New Year's Resolutions and so far, i've actually stuck to it. I've made my way through nearly three Kathy Reichs books since the beginning of January, which is an accomplishment for me because reading an entire book usually takes me ages! So i'm quite proud of myself for that. Part of my NYR was to read through the books I already own and that is quite a LOT, but like most book lovers, I already have a list of new books that I want to buy. 
Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks 
''Love hurts. There is nothing as painful as heartbreak. 
But in order to learn to love again, you must learn to trust again''
I own four of Nicholas Sparks books and I love them all. His books that have been adapted into movies are some of my all time favourite films. He is such a talented writer. I've only just seen the 'Safe Haven' movie advertised, but like I always do, I am going to try and read the book before I see it. It looks fab!

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
''Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 13, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, 
a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs... for now''. 
I'm intrigued to read this after seeing it literally everywhere lately. Almost everyone who has read it have said that it's amazing. I know that it's a tear jerking and quite depressing, so i'm setting this one aside for a while until I feel like I can read it without falling apart. I'm hoping that it lives up to it's hype though.

Virals by Kathy Reichs
''14-year-old Tory Brennan is as fascinated by bones and dead bodies as her famous aunt, acclaimed forensic anthropologist, Tempe Brennan. However living on a secluded island off Charleston in South Carolina there is not much opportunity to put her knowledge to the test. Until her and her ragbag group of technophile friends stumble across a shallow grave containing the remains of a girl who has been missing for over thirty years''.
I'm on a Kathy Reichs binge at the present and I'm loving reading her work, she's a brilliant writer and her books not only great read they are quite educational too. I've read about five or six of her books and this is one that I haven't got, so I'm looking forward to finally reading the series to see if it's any good.

Code by Kathy Reichs & Brendan Reichs
I just realised that this book is book #3 in the Virals series and I actually own book #2, which I didn't realise was part of a series. I was intrigued when I saw this as it's also written by Kathy's son, Brendan and I haven't read anything where Kathy Reichs have collaborated with anyone. So, I'm going to have to pick up #1 & #3. Silly moo!

Looking for Alaska by John Green.
“In the dark beside me, she smelled of sweat and sunshine and vanilla and on that thin-mooned night I could see little more than her silhouette, but even in the dark, I could see her eyes – fierce emeralds. And not just beautiful, but hot too.”
Another John Green book that seems to be making the rounds. The people i've talked to who've read this have said that it's another great book by John Green. I don't have an opinion as I still haven't read anything by him, buu this and The Fault In Our Stars are definitely on my list. Obviously!

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
'R' is a zombie. He has no name, no memories, and no pulse, but he has dreams. 
He is a little different from his fellow Dead''.
The trailer to the movie just made me think, 'oh it's a zombie version of Twilight'. I'm not really anticipating seeing the film, but again, the people who've read the book said it's amazing. So, I thought I might as well give it a read and then maybe see the film later on.

Have you read any of these books?
Laura x

3 comments:

  1. All these books sound wonderful. I've only read Fault in our Stars and loved it, I may have to add the other's to my list! :)
    Elle xxx
    http://ellelouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deleted your comment by accident and no idea how to get it back...grr! Kathy Reichs are all crime novels and i'm making my way through them all at the minute and quite enjoying it. Still haven't picked up Fault In Our Stars yet, I think i'll just leave it for now.
      I got Warm Bodies in Bliss magazine today (thanks to Dannie at BeautyInJapan) :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x